• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello, newbie here!!

LemonZest

LemonZest

Hello all,

This is my first post just to introduce myself briefly :)

I'm a 28 year old man from the UK. Lived with depression since I was in my teens and been on and off anti-depressants for the last 10 years. Recently started Prozac for the first time but worry that I'm becoming more and more anxious and paranoid as well as depressed. Anxiety isn't something I've worried about in the past, only the last 9-12 months.

Don't really have anybody to talk to about my feelings apart from my GP who doesn't really get me so joined this forum to chat to people and hopefully feel understood :)

LemonZest x

Last edited:
C

clouds

Former member
Hi LemonZest :welcome: Hope you find the forums helpful, there are lots of understanding people here to chat to, it's nice to meet you
clouds x

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Hello and welcome to the forums :welcome:

Ally xx

PurpleLily

PurpleLily

Hi and welcome,
hope you enjoy the forum and we're all here to listen / share, so look forward to seeing you around.

Have you spoken to your GP about the anxiety and possible relation to prozac? it might be worth it in case there is something else you can try. :)

Stripeysocks

Stripeysocks

Hi - Welcome!!

Prozac worked for me the first time but the second time around caused psychosis, briefly, til they took me off it. I remember having a very nice conversation with a lamp post with a hat on.

Hope you can get to the bottom of your anxiety, it's really not nice.

Take care xx

LemonZest

LemonZest

Thanks you lot! :)

Love your name PurpleLily! To be honest I have put off mentioning it to my GP because I do feel like they have helped my mood so was worried he would take me off them if I mentioned it. However, it's becoming more and more difficult to manage so will definitely be telling him about it at my next appointment. I've started making notes of how I'm feeling and things that happen, etc. Will use the forum too...so sorry in advance if I post nonsense from time to time...it'll just be whatever is in my head LOL!

x

R

raven_rose_uk

hello lemonzest and :welcome: to the forum! its really good to meet you :)

raven

baby2011

baby2011

Hi, nice to meet u!