• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello Newbie here

E

ephemeral04

I am new on this forum and am so glad i found this place to share my feelings and will not be judged. I have been suffering from depression, anxiety and panic for decades and medicines don't seem to be helping me. For the first time i was given diazepam which honestly i found to be a miracle drug but now my GP refuses to give me any more, saying its addictive, the acute anxiety i have been diagnosed with is killing and i feel what the heck with addiction just let me get on with life if it helps me, but she just won't not budge.
I have tried meditation etc...all things recommended on internet but so far i am just stuck and not sure how to describe this terrible darkness and sinking inside.
Thanks for letting me write my feeling out here.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
Welcome to the forum, try a different GP hopefully they will prescribe.
Take care

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Hi Ephemera. Welcome to the Forum. :) I'm so sorry you are not well and have been suddenly denied the medication you were depending on. That can be very rough. Buspar is for anxiety and is not considered addictive.

E

ephemeral04

I cannot take Buspar as i have epilepsy too but its so nice of you to have taken time and given this suggestion, thanks a ton.