• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello new to this forum

L

loggiemod

Hi I have just joined this forum and have been a sufferer from anxiety for a long time. I was coping until about 12 years ago when I was put in an impossible position at work and I ended up off work having I guess a breakdown. I went back too soon and nearly had another but have since managed to not let it interfere with work. I still suffer daily though, waking up with a knot in my stomach, and feeling unsettled most of the time with occasional flare ups. About to start counselling to go with the meds so fingers-crossed I might start to feel better. Even if I could identify the triggers it will be a step in the right direction.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello loggiemod, welcome to the forum.

F

Failing to Cope

Hi I have just joined this forum and have been a sufferer from anxiety for a long time. I was coping until about 12 years ago when I was put in an impossible position at work and I ended up off work having I guess a breakdown. I went back too soon and nearly had another but have since managed to not let it interfere with work. I still suffer daily though, waking up with a knot in my stomach, and feeling unsettled most of the time with occasional flare ups. About to start counselling to go with the meds so fingers-crossed I might start to feel better. Even if I could identify the triggers it will be a step in the right direction.

Hi loggiemod

I'm sorry to hear you're waking up in the mornings with a knot in your stomach - I know exactly how it feels. And listening to other peoples' advice on how to cope with my problem hasn't worked but I do hope it works for you and that you can go back to work feeling better about yourself, and about life in general.

Seeing you're the first person for me to be in touch with regarding my, our, problems, I'd like to keep in touch in the hope you're getting on in life better than you currently are.

I wish you all the best, and I'm sure you'll find a way.

L

loggiemod

Thank you, good to hear from you - it always helps to know that others experience something the same

Q

QueenFan

Hello, welcome, I'm new too. I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and deal with it with beta blocker meds and therapy, holistic living. It always has to be a priority mental health ( and physical health ) now, and sometimes it's a bit lonely...

Q

QueenFan

PS I was born in Burton on Trent

L

loggiemod

You've travelled a long way, I am only about 20 miles from where I was born, though in fairness I've lived away a lot in the UK before I ended up back here. I envy the Texas warmth as we are in sub-zero temperatures at the mo