• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello, New person

B

berlioz

Hi
I am here because I suffer from depression and sometime anxiety.
I started taking 'fluoxetine' on and off for 9 years, but things came to a head two years ago when my nan died, six weeks later my uncle died, then my niece was born with downs and then my other nan died!.

My son has ADHD which i find hard work and upsetting sometimes, hes so cleaver and bright but 'this thing' gets in the way. He also has dyslexia and we had to go through so many process at school sometimes i carn't cope.
I also have problems at work, as people dont seem to understand, especially when i take my perental leave!

The first reason for looking up this site is that a close friend of mine is in a terrible way, and she keeps txting me at all hours and we work together as well. so i get her problems almost 24/7.

Not that im selfish but everything is to much some times.

It got to a point at work yesturday, whee i am in trouble for helping her out!
Last weekend she started to harm herself and she was sending me txtes whilst she was doing it. The following morning she wouldn't talk to me. Its starting to affect my family life.

My sister in law tried to kill herself two years ago and my brother in law is an alcholic!....they kicked their kids out and i've also been trying to help them as they lived with there 80 year old grandmother and she couldn't cope.
But things are slowly improving. That was had as they live 110 miles away.

So thats me, think im exhaused now
Thanks for reading
berlioz

Last edited:
rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hi Berlioz and :welcome: to the forum. You certainly have had and continue to have a lot of stressful things in your life. Are you still taking fluoxetine? Do you get any support from GP and other professionals?

It's good to have you here and I look forward to seeing you around.

Rollinat

B

berlioz

hi
yep still on fluoxetine. Constantly now for 1 year and six months.
Could come of it, but worried that with everything going on i wont be able to cope!
No, i dont see my G.p. I just order repeats.
Thanks
Berlioz :cry:

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
i hope this site helps and :welcome: sure your dog will start behaving better soon;):hug:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Berlioz and welcome to the forum. I hope you find being a part of it both supportive and, dare I say it, fun! There's a really good bunch of people here who are always around to support and help.

You've been on fluoxetine for quite a while now - do you think it's helping you in the way you need it? Could be time for a visit to the gp anyway just the have a chat and check things out?

You sound like an incredibly generous and kind hearted person and well done for helping those around you. Please remember though that your health should always come first, certainly before trying to resolve or manage other people's problems - remember, they are there problems and not yours! I certainly don't think that what your friend did about the SH and phoning you at the same time is fair at all - sounds like emotional blackmail to me - are they getting the support that they need? It certainly shouldn't be expected that they get this support from you - you have enough to cope with as it is!

Anyway, welcome again and I hope you find the site useful!

Take care,
Honey, xx