• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Hello, new here.

drgnrose24

drgnrose24

Hello. I am 27 years old. I am a mother of 3 girls. I have been living with anxiety and depression for about 21 years of my life perhaps longer, but my mother first got me into therapy when I was 6. I have also, more recently, been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, and ADD as well as disthymia with major depression (or "double depression" I've also heard it called.) The depression gets pretty bad sometimes, but I get through it. The anxiety really gets me sometimes, the panick attacks are awful. They are a lot less intense than they used to be due to medication, but I still get freaked out a lot. Everytime I feel a change in my body or pain or something I start getting panicky. I hate feeling like that and some times my kids say things that make me think they have it too and I don't know how to help them. They come up to me crying once in a while saying, "Mommy, I don't wanna die," or "Mommy, I don't want you to die," and stuff like that. The same things I would say to my mother as a kid. I don't know what to say to them to help calm them down. I am hoping to get help on this site as well as help others if I can. Share stories and all. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

Last edited:
D

Dollit

Hi and welcome to the forum! Hope you find what you're looking for here.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum,I'm sure you will find lot's of friendly support here.

J

jamesdean

wecome

i'm sure u have found the right place 4 support n a chat jd:clap:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure that you'll find everyone here very supportive and hope that you find this a help. Take care and I look forward to seeing you around and about.

companion

companion

Founding Member
hi drgnrose24 and :welcome:

It is nice to meet you. I hope that you will find this forum helpful and supportive for you.

I understand it must be very difficult for you to manage with so many things going on for you at the moment. From what you have said it sounds like you are doing all that you can, by seeing the doctor and although it is not nice to have a label attached, it does mean that maybe someone can get your treatment correct. I would like to say that I admire your ability to "get through it" as you said. It must take some strength to do this.

With regards to your children, I think it must be an added pressure thinking that they may be experiencing similar problems, but it is unlikely. However, if you have not done so, maybe you could discuss your concerns with your family GP and ask for their advice on this matter. A GP should be able to offer you an "outside looking in" opinion, because they do not have the emotional connections that you have.

I hope all this makes sense to you and goes a little way to offering you some reassurance.

If you need anything here all you have to do is ask, everyone is very friendly and supportive.

Take care

Companion :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DwarfRabbit Introduce Yourself 7
A Introduce Yourself 6
SebastianQuinng Introduce Yourself 3
S Introduce Yourself 1
H Introduce Yourself 4