Hello! New here

G

gr33die

Hello mentalhealthforum.net !

I'm here as I've visited this site often, to gain insight from the experiences that the users of this site have bravely decided to share.

A little (but general) about myself:
I am a young man from N. Europe, currently in a vocational school, where my goal is to work within the mental health field after graduation.

So I'm here! To learn, chat, discuss - my main focus is on the care-aspect of people with a psychiatric diagnose. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be interessted in giving my opinion on just about anything.

T

tonytuktuk

Hello and nice to meet you.
Nice to hear that you are here to help people and learn and advise.

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

Hope you find this site helpful and supportive; I know I have. :)

G

Gredge23

Welcome welcome welcome , I bet u tried gredgie first for ur username and it said "sorry someone awesome already has that name"

Sorry I had to say that :)

G

gr33die

Hello again :)

Yeah, come to think of it, my username isn't really wonderful - but it is just that, a psuedonym, a name I used to give the characters in the computer games I would play.

I have spent a few months at a psychiatric hospital. Here I was in a ward specializing in anxiety, bipolar, personality disorders and OCD. Probably were I felt most challenged (both personally and professionally), but also the most rewarding experience in my working life.

Most of my career I've spent in geriatic care, working with people with dementia. However, even adding all the experience, jobs and internships I've only had about a year in this field, so I am still very "green" in a few ways.