Hello, new guy here

P

Phantimos

I never know what to write on these things, guess I should introduce myself.

I am a 25 year old PhD researcher at the university of Huddersfield. I work out 3-5 times a week and I like to play video games when I have the time. I was diagnosed recently with bipolar affective disorder, so that was fun. I am the type of guy who keeps all his problems to himself, as a result nobody ever thinks something is wrong with me. They take one look at me and think, here goes an intelligent happy guy who's in great shape. I can't blame them of course, that is how I present myself. Not that I am lying about who I am, I do enjoy being a happy person but, I never show what else is inside. I feel so very lonely in my existence, I don't have any actual friends or IRL love interests. There is this girl I met online, but that's a story for another time. Anyway, this I introduction is already longer than it should be and my head hurts, too much static, so I am gonna stop.

Take it easy, everybody.

J

Jules5

I never know what to write on these things, guess I should introduce myself.

I am a 25 year old PhD researcher at the university of Huddersfield. I work out 3-5 times a week and I like to play video games when I have the time. I was diagnosed recently with bipolar affective disorder, so that was fun. I am the type of guy who keeps all his problems to himself, as a result nobody ever thinks something is wrong with me. They take one look at me and think, here goes an intelligent happy guy who's in great shape. I can't blame them of course, that is how I present myself. Not that I am lying about who I am, I do enjoy being a happy person but, I never show what else is inside. I feel so very lonely in my existence, I don't have any actual friends or IRL love interests. There is this girl I met online, but that's a story for another time. Anyway, this I introduction is already longer than it should be and my head hurts, too much static, so I am gonna stop.

Take it easy, everybody.
Right with you buddy. I understand what you are going through.
When I was your age years ago people did the same thing I was the happy easy going girl-lots of friends just no friends in my personal life.
Later through the years my family and long time friends noticed changes in my behavior-negative. I developed severe psychosis and my life changed. I too bottled things up never letting anyone one get too close to me. Hint: Do not be like me-it will catch up with you.

My advice is Let it out.....even if it is too your dog cat or a tree. Tell something how you are feeling. Maybe going to the gym 3 times a week looks good but you may hate it because everyone else is doing it. What makes you special?

Please join a group in talk therapy where you will not be afraid to reveal yourself and know others are in your boat too...

S

Silka

Hey, I’m quite local to you (well, West Yorkshire) not that I wish to break any anonymity but for some reason thought that may make you feel better! You seem like a bright person and I’m sure the exercise should be helping too. Without sounding patronising you should be proud of yourself for how you cope and what you’ve achieved. I’m sure there should be some local support, even at Uni maybe? I do think you should find some support that you feel comfortable with, otherwise as the post above says, it may come out at a later point in the way you don’t want it too. You don’t have to tell the world if you don’t want to, but remember it’s nothing to be ashamed of. If more of us who seemingly are doing ok admitted we aren’t there would be more understanding, we may even get respected for it. Good luck and don’t be too hard on yourself. You sound like a good guy 😊.

J

Jules5

I agree with Silka get out there and hang with people who are like you. Hanging out here is Great a big move forward. Now lets go see if you can get in early therapy. I betcha you will connect so easy with people in your age group. Every college has extra curriculm activities. Support groups. Just be an observer for research purposes.