• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello need answer

I

Iliketobenormal

Hi I’m new to this kind of message board, About the last three years I notice my emotional state has going down hill, I cut off half my friends for what reason I don't know, at the time of doing it I feel I have good reason but in my heart I know I was wrong. Recently I quit my job for what reason again I don’t know and have been looking for a fresh start I don’t understand myself and hope that someone can help me out that might be going through the same thing. Please if you have any answer please let me know.:redface:

I

Iliketobenormal

Maybe i can get answer somewhere eles thanks.

iffybob

iffybob

Eh........?

It could be anything...?

If you are concerned about your mental stait go see your GP, I dont think from what you say that you need meds, but it may be helpful for you to see a counciler, even just to explain what you feel to an outsider and talk through your concerns may help you clarify things to yourself in your own mind.

It may just be that you are unhappy, that is not an illness, being clinicaly depressed is, I dont want to lable you with either, you need some one out side youself talking directly to you who can assess these things to do that.

Once you find out either way, 'then' you can decide what needs to be done...

boB.......:)

I

Iliketobenormal

It could be anything...?

If you are concerned about your mental stait go see your GP, I dont think from what you say that you need meds, but it may be helpful for you to see a counciler, even just to explain what you feel to an outsider and talk through your concerns may help you clarify things to yourself in your own mind.

It may just be that you are unhappy, that is not an illness, being clinicaly depressed is, I dont want to lable you with either, you need some one out side youself talking directly to you who can assess these things to do that.

Once you find out either way, 'then' you can decide what needs to be done...

boB.......:)
Thanks because everyone i know keep saying i'm bipolar.:redface:

Beijaflor

Beijaflor

Hi I’m new to this kind of message board, About the last three years I notice my emotional state has going down hill, I cut off half my friends for what reason I don't know, at the time of doing it I feel I have good reason but in my heart I know I was wrong. Recently I quit my job for what reason again I don’t know and have been looking for a fresh start I don’t understand myself and hope that someone can help me out that might be going through the same thing. Please if you have any answer please let me know.:redface:
Are you seeing a therapist? Are you taking any antidepressants at all? Sorry you are feeling that way..there's help out there you just have to look for it.

I

Iliketobenormal

Thanks!

Are you seeing a therapist? Are you taking any antidepressants at all? Sorry you are feeling that way..there's help out there you just have to look for it.
Well no i don't see anyone but my outburst are really bad, I break up my stuff other people stuff it's like i cant help it at times. Sometime i find reason to be mad at people even if they didn't do nothing to me. Most my family say i have it but i refuse to get help i don't want to be crazy. I feel like i'm losing it.:redface:

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Iliketobenormal,

Have you ever been diagnosed with Bipolar?
I ask because it is quite common for families to see a problem and perhaps put a label on it then convince themselves and others that the person suffering ticks a whole host of other boxes that fits the label?

From what you have so far described your problems seem to be around anger. Although you say you don't understand why it happens, seemingly irrational outbursts can have a root meaning or cause.

It might be worth next time you have an outburst, writing down the chain of events that led up to it along with how you felt about it at the time.
What was the one key thing that really made you angry?
Sometimes in writing this the 'unexplainable' can be explained with some form of ration and reason.

Then after a while I would see if there is a common theme for your anger, or a common trigger and perhaps try to fathom where it is all coming from.

It might be worth seeing if you can get some anger management treatment too?

Take care :)

iffybob

iffybob

Amiters

Iliketobenormal - you can not rely on your own judgment to self diagnose, and unless all of the people who are telling you what they "think" you are have prof qualifications they are just "gessing".

As I said if you think somthing is wrong, the first stop is your GP, and take it from there.......

There are no "real" options unless you can afford to go private........

Beijaflor

Beijaflor

Well no i don't see anyone but my outburst are really bad, I break up my stuff other people stuff it's like i cant help it at times. Sometime i find reason to be mad at people even if they didn't do nothing to me. Most my family say i have it but i refuse to get help i don't want to be crazy. I feel like i'm losing it.:redface:
OMG Iliketobenormal I am SO sorry! Let me just tell you that I used to be the same way as you. I used to refuse help and unlike you, for a long time I denied that I had some sort of mental illness. However, my situation got so bad that I needed to do something about it in order for me to salvage my marriage as well as other relationships. I can tell that you are in the right path though because you are here seeking advice and you are also admitting how you don't want to feel that way you do... so you are doing the right thing. Please, please get help. Look for a psychiatrist on your health insurance provider's list (assuming you have health insurance) and take it from there. You don't need to suffer because there is help out there. It seem like your family is noticing your behavior according to what you said so, why not ask them to help you find the right help if you feel you can't do it on your own? Do you think you can do that? Like I said, I used to feel the same way as you (mad at others without a motive, irritated, etc) but thanks to the meds I'm taking I feel much better. Tough at times I still feel like I am losing my mind I can say with certainty that the difference is big. Please do something about your situation and don't forget you have us here for support. :grouphug:

I

Iliketobenormal

OMG Iliketobenormal I am SO sorry! Let me just tell you that I used to be the same way as you. I used to refuse help and unlike you, for a long time I denied that I had some sort of mental illness. However, my situation got so bad that I needed to do something about it in order for me to salvage my marriage as well as other relationships. I can tell that you are in the right path though because you are here seeking advice and you are also admitting how you don't want to feel that way you do... so you are doing the right thing. Please, please get help. Look for a psychiatrist on your health insurance provider's list (assuming you have health insurance) and take it from there. You don't need to suffer because there is help out there. It seem like your family is noticing your behavior according to what you said so, why not ask them to help you find the right help if you feel you can't do it on your own? Do you think you can do that? Like I said, I used to feel the same way as you (mad at others without a motive, irritated, etc) but thanks to the meds I'm taking I feel much better. Tough at times I still feel like I am losing my mind I can say with certainty that the difference is big. Please do something about your situation and don't forget you have us here for support. :grouphug:
Thanks so much i think i will get help now, i had another temper tantrum and my boyfriend almost left me. I'm so so sad and out of it. Thanks everyone for your support.:oops: