• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello My name is..

H

hsv_buff

Hello, I recently found this forum, and though I haven't been diagnosed with anything but ADHD yet I thought I would join. I have my 1st appointment with psychologist next week, and I am a little nervous about it. It seems my problems are getting worse, is this normal just before inital examination? My ADHD has been fairly under control for 3 years with only one adjustment to medication(increase from 60mg to 80mg of Strattera). I have think I may be bipolar. I recognise the mania symptoms in myself, and the lows which I am in now.

J

jamesdean

good morning

:hug::hug::)Hi i dont think there is much happening this morning. R u young 2 have adhd?

H

hsv_buff

28 years to late...

I am 35, I was first diagnosed as "hyperactive" in 2nd grade. The teacher suggested ritalin but my parents didn't believe I needed drugs for anything. Fast forward to 4 years ago and I finally got diagnosed, put on meds for it and things improved. My wife of 10 years kept insisting I needed to talk to someone about my other problems and 2 weeks ago after I yelled at our 4 year old son she gave me the ultimatium... call and get an appointment with therapist or she would call for me. I have 6 days to go until my first appointment, and my symptoms are worse than ever.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: , hope you get some positive's from your 1st appointment :)

H

hsv_buff

thanks

I hope so as well. I am a pharmacy technician, so I took an informal poll of the psychologist I am going to see's patients. They all love her, she is a D.O. which in the US has the same practice rights as an M.D.

D

Dollit

Hi and welcome and from your other post you certainly have the reckless spending habits of a bipolar. I would expect to have my symptoms worsen before any appointment. I get more jumpy, I shake even more than normal, everything magnifies and I have a lovely consultant who has only ever looked after me really well.

Keep coming back and let us know how things go.

J

jamesdean

Hi

:)My friends son is really a naughty boy hes 5 years old n he swears n hit s his mum. only just is she getting some help generally but its not been suggested that he is adhd which i'm sure if he was diagnosed n went on some medication i'm sure her n his quality of life would improve. I am helpless 2 say anything because i dont think she is ready 2 accept his condition but may b now shes seeing a social workerthey might just recognise it. My friend is such a lovely person n dosent deserve the shit she has 2 put up with. N his 3 year old sister is picking up his traits now. I talked 2 some 1 else(whos got children) about the situation n she said like your parents n she didnt agree with medication n also said that kids play on the condition if they r aware of it . I will put my hands up n say i dont know anything about adhd only what i've seen on tv but i do feel 4 my friend.

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to MHF :) Hope you make many new friends here, and find the help and support you need. :hug: