• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello . Just joined. Wondering if anyone else feels they will never beat BPD?

J

Joey239

Hello , I only joined today so not even sure I am posting properly tbh. I have had bpd for as long as I can remember. I'm 45 now divorcing and single mother to 2 boys . I have worked through terrible episodes before but really don't feel I have the energy to beat this one . I have to for my boys but it's so hard. Sorry just needed to vent. My family have never accepted my diagnosis and feel I am.just a loose cannon and urs very hard to access any support in Ireland as unfortunately it's not there so feeling very isolated battling it atm 😢

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Hi Joey, welcome. Sorry you are having a difficult time, and that your family doesn't understand. That makes it harder. 💕

J

Joey239

Hi Joey, welcome. Sorry you are having a difficult time, and that your family doesn't understand. That makes it harder. 💕
Thank you . I wish they would even just look it up so they could understand me better but they just don't acknowledge mental health issues or diagnosis. It's a just pull yourself together , sure everyone had problems attitude which makes coping so much harder . Happy I reached out here though , even just to vent, problem shared and all that 😊

D

Dwight7

Just joined today as I also feel I’ll never beat BPD. I’m in a constant state of internal conflict. I’m afraid if I share any of this with friends they will google “borderline personality disorder” and see the results.

I hate this disorder. The manifestations of it have ruined valuable opportunities in my life, and now it seems too late.

As a man, my friends also say the same “just pull yourself together”, “sorry to hear that” advice. I can empathize. Maybe things will get better for us.

A

Anna03

Hi Joey, I only joined the other day. I suffered for 10 years then had a good period for 7 full years. Yes they had their ups and downs but I coped without self harming or time if my work. So there can be a reprieve. You just need the inner strength and a bit of luck to make it. Unfortunately I have relapsed lately (@2months( but I have the faith there will be better times ahead. I think proper medication, immediate family support and stopping my reliance on medical protocol "save me" helped. My parents are a nightmare too. Sounds like you don't have much support. Canyon trust a friend or get a CPN to listen without judgement. Anyway I'm glad you've reached out here. Take care my friend.

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

I thought I had beaten it, until my relapse. I had a long reprieve too. As for telling friends or family, I haven't. I have told a friend and my husband and my brother that I am feeling depressed and they know that I am seeing a therapist. (Which has stopped for awhile until insurance details are worked out). Sending each of you wishes for healing and as Anna03 said wishing you strength, support and a bit of luck.

2Much2Feel

Hey Joey, I'm sorry to hear this. I am about your age and am a divorced mom of one son. I know how hard it can be for me, and I only have one half the time, as he lives w his dad half time. I guess a lot of us in the BPD community can relate to parents (at a minimum) not being all that supportive of us, as that is typically a BPD trait (parents who invalidate feelings). In any case, it certainly doesn't help, and I understand your reluctance to talk about it w others, as it seems to get more bad "press" than most things imo. There aren't really any people outside my family whom I'd feel comfortable knowing, myself. Is it possible there to access either a DBT therapist via online (if there aren't any nearby) or seek out some DBT books/YouTube/Ted Talks? It sounds like you could really use some DBT skills at a minimum to help you get through this particular time. Divorce is not easy by any stretch, I do not wish it upon anyone, esp w kids.

Really glad you're here and feel you can at least reach out here, but some of these skills can keep your head above water until you get some better help. Again, I'm really sorry you're going through this, and you aren't alone.