• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello, in need of Hope

B

Bart Simpson

Hi, hoping to find people to chat with, who really understand through lived experience. My current main issues are C.P.T.S.D., (triggered on a daily basis currently), Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Self-Harm, and Depression. Having reached out for professional help (which took a lot) there is virtually nothing available therapy wise, for at least 12 months. However given the current situation, this could well be much, much longer.

I look forward to meeting people, and possibly supporting others in similar situations.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Bart Simpson, welcome to the forum.

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. I hope you find us warm and useful. That is a lot of problems you have there. With Covid, a lot of therapists aren't available are they? Maybe we can support you

Iwontbeavictimanymore21

Iwontbeavictimanymore21

Hi, hoping to find people to chat with, who really understand through lived experience. My current main issues are C.P.T.S.D., (triggered on a daily basis currently), Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Self-Harm, and Depression. Having reached out for professional help (which took a lot) there is virtually nothing available therapy wise, for at least 12 months. However given the current situation, this could well be much, much longer.

I look forward to meeting people, and possibly supporting others in similar situations.
Hi Bart!
I just joined today for a lot of the same reasons. I think that your efforts in reaching out show that there is hope for you! My advice to you, is don’t give up on reaching out to different therapists/counselors. I’m in the process of seeking out Dialectical Behavioral Therapy from advice given to me by my BetterHelp counselor. I would be happy to provide you with talk support should you ever need it! My main issue is that I have a lot of negative inner dialogue due to the unintentional emotional abuse I suffered from my mother, who suffered from her mother and so on… our brains tend to think the worst and when a negative thought creeps in, it snowballs and controls our behavior and the way we perceive ourselves and others. I’m here because I don’t want my daughters to suffer and I don’t want to push away the man that I love. Most people don’t understand that those who suffer from BPD and all the joy it brings, care so very deeply about their loved ones and fight with themselves internally 24/7. (It’s almost as if I watch myself from the outside and pleading with myself to stop or calm down.) The shame and guilt brought on after a BPD episode begins the cycle all over again. Also, like you, I suffer for Complex PTSD but I only just now came to the realization. Relationship conflicts, raising and having children in uncertain times (my oldest I share custody with), a nasty custody battle, negative talk support, and a grandparent (ex MIL) making false reports to DHS about me in the last two years have contributed to that and really amplified the BPD.
You’re not alone and there are people who understand. Please keep reaching out!