• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello, i'm new.

K

Kat667

Hello, just wondered what experiences others have.

I have been on and off antidepressants a few times during my adult life (i'm 35). My family and my husband are convinced i'm bi-polar, as have had manic and depressive episodes for years yet muddled through leaving disaster in my wake since my late teens/early twenties. Walking out of jobs and relationships and unable to cope with day to day stuff.

I have recently started to have panic attacks which are horrible, to the point where I was sent home from work during episodes. Horrendous nightmares and audible things like hearing my mobile phone ringing loudly (it plays a Joy Division song so is very distinctive) when it isn't or people calling me when they are not have been happening for years. I thought it was normal, do I really need to see a doctor as my father suggests, I'm worried the darker moods I get will ruin my marriage and cause me to loose another job. Thanks.:confused:

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome:to the forum - you need to do what you feel is best for you, the doctor could be a good starting point
Hope you find the forum helpful - lots of different opions here

Ks