• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello, I'm new.

G

ghosts

Hi, I guess I came here because of some troubles that are getting worse despite the fact that I'm ignoring them. After some trauma I was diagnosed with psychotic depression, PTSD, and OCD that is mostly with violent, intrusive recurring thoughts. I'm an introvert and I would still be agoraphobic if not for my wonderful mom and brother. I have a hard time expressing emotions and I'm kind of socially inept.
Besides that, I'm pretty awesome at functioning. I'll complete a training course in a couple months and continue in college. I love Elderscrolls, music, and drawing. I have a terribly dry sense of humor which is sometimes too hardcore for people.

R

RoadRose

Hi and welcome
You sound like a smart guy. I am not a common visitor but have occasionally checked in. I am shy myself although not an introvert but I know how horrible it can feel to feel unaccepted. I noticed your wording when you said you functioned. I hope I am not overstepping a line here but to me it sounds like you are identifying yourself with your mental problems. I would choose to say other than that I lead a fine live ;).

Good luck with working through your depression ( been there and am still sensitive. Being depressed is horrible in my case it took away my self esteem and took over my live in so many ways. It is cureable though. ).

G

ghosts

That's okay. I understand what you meant. I'm just REALLY cynical right now because I've waited too long to deal with these particular problems and I'm in a fair amount of pain. That being said I probably am defining myself by my mental problems. I do lead a good life besides these things and I'm lucky because I survived when others couldn't handle the same situation. That makes me feel lucky and extremely guilty all at the same time. Life is bittersweet.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi ghosts and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you're in pain. I hope the forum helps in some way. Nothing wrong with a dry sense of humour; I'm sure you'll fit in just fine :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
IdontLikeBeer Hello , WOW where do I begin Introduce Yourself 5
Blackpanther70 Hello everyone Introduce Yourself 6
J Hello everyone Introduce Yourself 7
R Hello everybody Introduce Yourself 3
K Hello Introduce Yourself 2
H Hello everyone Introduce Yourself 4
A Hello Introduce Yourself 4
M Hello Everyone! Introduce Yourself 2
K Hello! I'm new here, and I'd like to get some help if possible. Introduce Yourself 4
L Hello new to this forum Introduce Yourself 7
V Hello. I'm Ralani1053 Introduce Yourself 10
F Hello.. need some advice Introduce Yourself 2
Nothingtofeel Hello, Back here again Introduce Yourself 3
N Hello everybody Introduce Yourself 6
M Hello to you all :) Introduce Yourself 67
findingblue hello, remember you're not alone Introduce Yourself 6
S Hello...new here Introduce Yourself 11
P Hello Introduce Yourself 13
M Hello Introduce Yourself 9
B Hello Introduce Yourself 9
Marmalade Hello again... Introduce Yourself 2
Warped Hello Introduce Yourself 8
Morax Hello Introduce Yourself 29
egocentricpolicedick Hello! Introduce Yourself 5
J Hello, All… Introduce Yourself 4
K Hello everyone I hope all is good with everybody I'm new here Introduce Yourself 7
M Hello Introduce Yourself 5
P Hello Introduce Yourself 3
U Hello! Second post. Probably should've introduced myself first... Introduce Yourself 3
G Hello everyone! Introduce Yourself 7
R hello XD Introduce Yourself 5
T Hello! My Story! Trigger warning! Introduce Yourself 3
J Hello, Introduce Yourself 7
interviewwitharose Hello Everyone Introduce Yourself 9
T Hello Everyone -2nd Battle of Anxiety Introduce Yourself 3
P Hello everyone Introduce Yourself 8
M Hello everyone Introduce Yourself 5
G Hello Introduce Yourself 3
K Hello everybody, I have a condition called anxiety Introduce Yourself 15
A Hello Introduce Yourself 7
S Hello Introduce Yourself 7
P Hello from Silicon Valley. Do you suffer from Silicon Valley Fever? Introduce Yourself 1
BiPolarBear01 Hello from Northern Ireland Introduce Yourself 8
Z Hello There! Introduce Yourself 7
PERKER5 Hello, New to Forum Introduce Yourself 4
BritishRose Hello Introduce Yourself 6
SeptemberSong Hello, new here Introduce Yourself 50
L Hello Introduce Yourself 3
P Hello from pastellite Introduce Yourself 5
R Hello i have C PTSD and looking for advice Introduce Yourself 11