• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello, I'm new

StillFighting

StillFighting

Hello,

I'm 31 years old and I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and borderline personality disorder.

I have been in therapy, but some days are still quite a struggle. Sometimes I feel like my mind is attacking me, I have all these racing thoughts and worries about everything in my life that could possibly go wrong.

It's very frustrating, but it's also quite an isolating experience. I grew up in a society where mental health illnesses are not taken seriously, they are not considered real. I've been told that it's all in my head and I should just snap out of it.

I've been feeling ashamed for a long time, thinking that my disorders are my fault and that I don't deserve any help and I should figure out a way alone to get out of this.

Anyway.. I'm here looking for people that can relate, offer and give support and understanding. Thanks for reading this.

T.

Mark_01

Mark_01

Hello, StillFighting, welcome to the forum. Know what you mean when they say it is all in your head; it can make things much worse than there are. Anyway, look forward to your future posts, don't hesitate to join right in, or start a thread of your own.

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Stillfighting, you are amazing for not having buckled under all you described. Welcome to the forum! We are a friendly and supportive group. Hope you find help here. Hugs.

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum StillFighting.
There are a lot of friendly and supportive people here, many of whom are going through similar. I hope you enjoy posting here. :)

J

jimindigo

Good for you,let the critics rot in their own selfish juice.
Just to screw them,why don't you make sure you get well
and strong,then tell them what you think of them---poetic justice!
Courage To You,
jimindigo

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

There is a wide spectrum of mental health disorders, and I welcome their recognition with open arms.

Anxiety, depression can be just as debilitating as the more traditionally known disorders.

There is still a lot of stigma out there, I encounter it myself - its all in my mind etc.

Yes, focusing on your recovery is priority and having faith that sense will prevail.

Last edited:
Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi StillFighting and welcome to the forum.

No need to feel ashamed or to have to struggle alone. None of it's your fault. We're all slaves to our illnesses/disorders in some respects but that doesn't mean that we can't learn to cope or deal with our issues. I hope you find the support you're looking for here.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum.
I can very much relate to what you describe about your mind seemingly attacking you, as I have been diagnosed as BPD and as having 'significant anxiety'.

Hope to see you post more here. You don't have to feel so isolated, because i'm sure lots of people here will understand you.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome :welcome: