• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello, I'm new on here and I'm confused

B

beautywithin

Hi I have BPD and OCD, I am now good in my relationship as long as ignore certain thoughts. Sometimes my thoughts get the better of me and certain things may happen and I become insecure and I start distancing myself away from her basically I get scared of getting hurt so I want to leave before she does, even though I know she doesn't want to leave. Anyone else suffer in relationships like this ?

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and welcome to the forum. We have a BPD area where you will find a lot of people who identify what you are going through. Have you ever tried Mindfulness? It might help you place your feelings and stop you acting on them too quickly. Its not an easy fix but over time might help you. We have a brief intro on here which might help.

B

beautywithin

Hiya and welcome to the forum. We have a BPD area where you will find a lot of people who identify what you are going through. Have you ever tried Mindfulness? It might help you place your feelings and stop you acting on them too quickly. Its not an easy fix but over time might help you. We have a brief intro on here which might help.

Hi thank u for replying I will definitely give this a try and I do react really quick instead of just taking a step back. I think it’s because I over think so I think if I act right away I don’t have time to over think X

calypso

calypso

Admin
That is a problem isn't it? You need to look it up to gain more insight. Its practise, practise and more to make it work. But I use it and it helps me in all sorts of situations.

B

beautywithin

That is a problem isn't it? You need to look it up to gain more insight. Its practise, practise and more to make it work. But I use it and it helps me in all sorts of situations.
Yes it definitely a problem for me and I don’t want to make it anyone else issue as it is me and my head, I will definitely give this a try and look more into it and get insight into what this problem is and best strategies for me any advice is welcome x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Introduce Yourself 7
SicklyBloom Introduce Yourself 2
T Introduce Yourself 3
D Introduce Yourself 19
A Introduce Yourself 4