• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello I'm New Here:

F

friday13

Hello Everyone Im Ruby
& Im looking for some friends and people who understand how im feeling
and trying to cope with depression, i am 18 yyears old and on medication but i am coming off them in around 4 weeks and since ive been weened down to the lowest dosage i have been feeling awful and keep breaking down in tears, im depressed, fed up, comfort eating and im paranoid.
I have food issues, not bad and not an eating disorders but i am constantly trying to lose weight, its a constant battle for me as if i dont lose weight i get angry and upset and go comfort eat and then i feel awful even more and its a viscious circle, i did well with my diet but now im even more depressed i am finding it so hard and im terrified of going back up to my highest weight.

I used to selfharm and have stopped for over a year now but lately i have been pinching/bruising when im anxious and not really thinking about it, i dont want to go down that road again and my boyfriend doesnt understand and im trying to make friends at college, i am friends with most people but i am scared to confide in people but it makes me feel alot better when i talk about things even if im just having a rant.

people often think i am making excuses for not doing things but im not its just theres always something getting in my way.

I am a student but i have been a student before twice and dropped out because of my depression but now ive been doing great until i got my meds down to 10mg and now im scared i wont be able to cope with college.

Q

quality factor

Hi there and :welcome: to the forum,
hope you find the forum friendly and supportive.

QF.

D

dlzoidberg

:welcome: to the forums

S

summerstars

you sound alot like me, and we're the same age. almost. i'm 19. if you ever need to talk, i'm here :) welcome.

C

Clucky111

Founding Member
Hello Friday13 :) :welcome:

I am 18 too - so, just like summerstars, I'd like to let you know you're free to PM me if you ever need a chat :D

M

mad as a hatter

Think u should go c ur gp and tell them how ur feelin and strugglin at college maybe now isn,t the right time 2 come off ur meds but i,m no doctor u not got a counsellin service at college u should find out they maybe able 2 support u in some way

S

SmileyGirl

Hi roby, this issuch a friendly open place to have a chat and let off steam. Noone seems to judge you and if you feel family/partners/friends don't understand, pop on here and there's always someone to talk to. Lots of luck

SG