Hello I'm new here

I

Irenic

Hi guys i've been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia about 7 years ago. I had delusions of grandeur, persecutory delusions and i heard voices. It was a shock for me hearing that i've been diagnosed with this illness. I have been med compliant all this time i tried so far 4 antipsychotics. I'm currently on Invega(Xeplion 100mg) i have no positive symptoms but i have negatives which are hard to deal with.

B

Brantster

Hey, new here too. You say you were shocked at the diagnosis, why? Were your symptoms, behaviors manageable? How is the drugs working, do they help? Any new revelations or clarity provided? I have BPD, for me it's the constant change, inability to operate in a way I'm happy with, and the fact normals just don't fecking get it, what it's like inside my head.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Welcome to the forums, how are things on medication? I imagine the delusions have stopped like mine have but for me the voice I hear lingers on 3 years into recovery, and I'm on my third anti-psychotic.

I

Irenic

Hi @branster Thank you for your reply :) Before this diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia i had few depression episodes, after that psychosis and i accepted these two. But schizo was hard to accept because it is a life long illness. My symptoms were not manageable, they got worse and worse. One day i tried to commit suicide because i was scared and traumatized by hearing voices. Now I'm doing better, more functional. Yes antipsychotics help me so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Irenic

Welcome to the forums, how are things on medication? I imagine the delusions have stopped like mine have but for me the voice I hear lingers on 3 years into recovery, and I'm on my third anti-psychotic.
Thank you! This antipsychotic Invega helped me a lot, on Abilify i still had voices. I'm glad you're doing well also. English is not my first language so please excuse my grammar, typo or other things.

B

Brantster

Sorry to hear that Irenic. I've tried three times myself. I know there is a radical new therapy where they help you 'talk to' or engage with your voices, obviously in a controlled and careful way. My mother is schizophrenic. I don't think medication alone works. Unfortunately mental healthcare is very immature, so new developments are implemented sporadically. But being able to talk to people you trust, is essential.