• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello, I'm new here.

B

BlendyBri

I just found this site and read some of the posts.

I heard that children hearing voices is quite common, so I don't know if my case is bad or not. I'm young, and I have deficient hearing; may that be the cause of my hallucinations?

Sometimes, at the most random moments, I can hear vivid screams. When I ask anyone else in the house or around me, they all give me weird looks and say that they've heard nothing. The screams sound like a woman is trying to run away from something, like in a horror movie. The thing is, I haven't watched or thought about anything like that. The very first time was when I was eating dinner in the kitchen and suddenly heard a loud scream.

Other times, I hear voices calling out my name, as if they want me to come with them or save them. They're all female, but none of them sound like mine.

When I'm crying or breaking down, there is one female voice that tells me to do things that I absolutely shouldn't, like kill people or break/destroy something. Fortunately, I've been able to control these urges.

Sometimes it comes and talks to me during class when I'm trying to pay attention, then I get distracted and completely miss out on the whole lesson. At school is the time when my body begins to act on my own while it's talking to me, and then I don't know how I ended up where I was.

I've been hearing voices for about half a year, but I've always been hearing and feeling things before that. At times I feel people touching and tugging at me when nobody did. Sometimes I just hear long, monotonous beeps that appear out of nowhere. The beeps bother me the most because they are ALWAYS there and they never go away. They keep me up at night; I end up staying awake and not getting enough sleep.

I'm scared to tell my parents because I know they'll think I'm faking it or that it's no big deal. I told one of my best friends and she basically thought I was crazy. There are times where I cry because there's nobody who knows what I'm talking about.

It's not that bad, is it?

T

terri

Hello BlendyBri

I really feel for you. Just a suggestion, but try keeping off the video games for a while, they do rather make you use rather a lot of brain, so sort of chill with that and give your brain a rest.

Also why not try to ignore them, just like I did once. I well remember when I had lots and lots of screaming female voices around my head asking me to save them, which I rather ignored, and the next thing I knew, I went to my sister in laws and they were all around her head, shouting the same thing, save us, save us, and those words sounded as though my sister in law was thinking the words and I was picking up her thoughts. Of course, my sister in law was not involved at all, whatsoever, so do please not ignore those bodily feelings, those rather special people from over the otherside are rather frightened and then there are others who want you to kill people. You are not rather special not for nothing. I bet you are extremely clever and gifted. They do mean what they say, those evil voices, and you are magnificent for ignoring those urges. Those voices which are screaming are terrified and do not have anywhere to go, so why not do church and say a prayer for them to move off and then leave church well alone. I well remember when there was an evil type of voice telling me to kill my cat, well I went for him, my cat that is with my hands around his throat and really i could not hurt a fly, so I can understand how strong your urges are, but do resist all violence in all shapes and forms. You would feel eternally ashamed and guilty if you went there. I've come through without a lot of tablets; how do you feel about tackling this stuff without medication? You have to be extremely strong willed and think to yourself, one day at a time, get pleasure in life from what you can, and while you are doing your school work, should things get bad for you, you lose concentration or cannot cope for a while, ask your teacher if you can go to the toilet, and then stop there until it all subsides. That is my advice, also, do lots of physical exercise, like swimming, or go to the gym and let your mind be distracted from those voices and then they are not such a big deal. Look on it as though it is rather a long not horror film not for nothing. If you see what I mean. And it will all end one day. Feel the fear and do it anyway, in the words of that book. To explain what I mean is just let the fear roll, and it always without fail subsides in time and the stronger willed you are to let the fear pass, the sooner it goes. Panic attacks, well there was a day when I thought I would never go through my door, but I thought, blow that, and I did it anyway. There are rather a lot of very nice people who have passed over who rather need lots of people like us because those screaming voices are very very afraid, and those voices who tell you to kill, are taking over from the screaming voices so do not take charge, just let things roll and if you feel rather zogged at times, just sit down, shut yours eyes, and tell people around you, you simply do not feel over well and need to just take care of yourself for a while. And for goodness sake, don't tell anyone. That is my expert opinion. I know some people will disagree, but it's the worst thing you can do because then you find yourself in the system of the medics and then you would have no chance to finish your studies or live your life as you want to and that would really pile on lots more pressure and you would be forever wondering what you have done to deserve that treatment and even though the voices may never really go away, there will be times when they go quiet, especially if you tend to ignore them. They are as afraid as you are and fear builds on fear so that's when those voices come through telling you to kill so that they can have a stepping stone through to another dimension.

Your bodily feelings are all part of it, and there are lots of the voices giving you reassurance so do not be afraid of that either although now it feels like fear because you don't know how to change that, but it time, it shall start to feel like pleasure. The first time it happened to me, it was like a circle of pressure on my back continually going around and around, and at one point I felt like I had a heavy bag on my back, to rather collect a lot of rather nice spirits, to save them. And then one day, the bag simply disappeared. But I know the experience is often different for other people and it all depends on your thoughts about it. I well remember saying, 'I don't want to do this' but I did it anyway for their sake. I do know what I'm talking about, I promise you that, so just try to chill about it. Easier said than done, I know, so
Good luck , and DO NOT CHUCK COLLEGE

Terri

B

BlendyBri

Hello BlendyBri

I really feel for you. Just a suggestion, but try keeping off the video games for a while, they do rather make you use rather a lot of brain, so sort of chill with that and give your brain a rest.

Also why not try to ignore them, just like I did once. I well remember when I had lots and lots of screaming female voices around my head asking me to save them, which I rather ignored, and the next thing I knew, I went to my sister in laws and they were all around her head, shouting the same thing, save us, save us, and those words sounded as though my sister in law was thinking the words and I was picking up her thoughts. Of course, my sister in law was not involved at all, whatsoever, so do please not ignore those bodily feelings, those rather special people from over the otherside are rather frightened and then there are others who want you to kill people. You are not rather special not for nothing. I bet you are extremely clever and gifted. They do mean what they say, those evil voices, and you are magnificent for ignoring those urges. Those voices which are screaming are terrified and do not have anywhere to go, so why not do church and say a prayer for them to move off and then leave church well alone. I well remember when there was an evil type of voice telling me to kill my cat, well I went for him, my cat that is with my hands around his throat and really i could not hurt a fly, so I can understand how strong your urges are, but do resist all violence in all shapes and forms. You would feel eternally ashamed and guilty if you went there. I've come through without a lot of tablets; how do you feel about tackling this stuff without medication? You have to be extremely strong willed and think to yourself, one day at a time, get pleasure in life from what you can, and while you are doing your school work, should things get bad for you, you lose concentration or cannot cope for a while, ask your teacher if you can go to the toilet, and then stop there until it all subsides. That is my advice, also, do lots of physical exercise, like swimming, or go to the gym and let your mind be distracted from those voices and then they are not such a big deal. Look on it as though it is rather a long not horror film not for nothing. If you see what I mean. And it will all end one day. Feel the fear and do it anyway, in the words of that book. To explain what I mean is just let the fear roll, and it always without fail subsides in time and the stronger willed you are to let the fear pass, the sooner it goes. Panic attacks, well there was a day when I thought I would never go through my door, but I thought, blow that, and I did it anyway. There are rather a lot of very nice people who have passed over who rather need lots of people like us because those screaming voices are very very afraid, and those voices who tell you to kill, are taking over from the screaming voices so do not take charge, just let things roll and if you feel rather zogged at times, just sit down, shut yours eyes, and tell people around you, you simply do not feel over well and need to just take care of yourself for a while. And for goodness sake, don't tell anyone. That is my expert opinion. I know some people will disagree, but it's the worst thing you can do because then you find yourself in the system of the medics and then you would have no chance to finish your studies or live your life as you want to and that would really pile on lots more pressure and you would be forever wondering what you have done to deserve that treatment and even though the voices may never really go away, there will be times when they go quiet, especially if you tend to ignore them. They are as afraid as you are and fear builds on fear so that's when those voices come through telling you to kill so that they can have a stepping stone through to another dimension.

Your bodily feelings are all part of it, and there are lots of the voices giving you reassurance so do not be afraid of that either although now it feels like fear because you don't know how to change that, but it time, it shall start to feel like pleasure. The first time it happened to me, it was like a circle of pressure on my back continually going around and around, and at one point I felt like I had a heavy bag on my back, to rather collect a lot of rather nice spirits, to save them. And then one day, the bag simply disappeared. But I know the experience is often different for other people and it all depends on your thoughts about it. I well remember saying, 'I don't want to do this' but I did it anyway for their sake. I do know what I'm talking about, I promise you that, so just try to chill about it. Easier said than done, I know, so
Good luck , and DO NOT CHUCK COLLEGE

Terri
Thank you, Terri, for your advice. :)

I haven't played video games for a long while, nor do I play them that often anymore.

Unfortunately, I have given in before. I've never especially hurt anyone, but I've thrown things and broken them, and I've ripped things apart. I always feel really bad afterwards.

Haha, don't worry; school is always one of my top priorities, and I'm trying hard not to let this bother me anymore.

Again, thank you. <3

C

calfellows

Blendybri,

My best advice for you is just to consider them as spirits and that this is just perfectly normal. Look in the phone book for your local psychial research society, or call around and ask. It looks to me like the voices of distress/terror is just them playing with your head; and this may have been just a technique they used to awaken you to their existance/presence. Be very careful, as many of them which are just cruel bullies, gangs, just entertaining themselves, a sport/prank to them, messing with people's heads; as they have nothing better to do. Nearly all Pentecostals hear voices; and many pagan/wiccan's too, and so you might want to study the two.

Member here named Solace is 17yr old female with voices; and you two may want to connect. You could study her posts to see how she's handling this. She considers her voices to be angels and certain misplaced enities. She posts here and on the yahoo group:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/voice-hearers/

Cal