• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello, im new here - Cptsd

Meli

Meli

Hey there, i just found this forum in hope i can learn about cptsd bc well, i'd say its been takin a big part of my life rn, and, tbh, the most annoying situation in my life rn, is that i wake up feeling really anxious, really scared for no reason at all, and that feeling doesnt go away like for hours, i cant even get to sleep again bc when i open up my eyes and stay up for like a minute this feeling just takes all over me and i have no choice but to start my day i guess, i've been trying to meditate but its not helping that much

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
What do you do to distract yourself? Do you paint or swim or have pets?

Meli

Meli

What do you do to distract yourself? Do you paint or swim or have pets?
Well, i dont think i do much, i mean, i like to draw, yes, im an artist, bus this last week i've been just sitting in my pc reading and researching about methods to improve myself, like, literally, nothing else, i tend to get a little too obssesive over this kind of things i guess?

anex

anex

Meli, you and I have a few things in common! Welcome to the forum. I hope you continue to learn more and find ways to better help yourself. We are here for you in this journey!

misunderstood256

misunderstood256

Welcome to the forum! As someone who's had experience with trauma and anxiety, I'm so sorry that you have to struggle with those things, but you're not alone here. We're glad to have you and glad to help if we can!

K

Keesha

Welcome!
Here’s an excellent book which I highly recommend.
It will seem like it was written about you when you read it.
E6F90E91-ED50-4E05-A50E-2201643FF79B.jpeg

K

Keesha

Well, i dont think i do much, i mean, i like to draw, yes, im an artist, bus this last week i've been just sitting in my pc reading and researching about methods to improve myself, like, literally, nothing else, i tend to get a little too obssesive over this kind of things i guess?
I’m going through a similar stage at the moment.
In one word.... it’s haunting.

Meli

Meli

I’m going through a similar stage at the moment.
In one word.... it’s haunting.
OMG THAT BOOK! I just downloaded it a few days ago HAHA havent read a lot, i just jumped to the part of how to deal with an emotional flasback and stuff and i must say that im a lot better y'all! im still having weird doubts abou things that i shouldnt doubt so hard but im feelin more in peace nowdays, thanks for the welcome and all the support!!

K

Keesha

OMG THAT BOOK! I just downloaded it a few days ago HAHA havent read a lot, i just jumped to the part of how to deal with an emotional flasback and stuff and i must say that im a lot better y'all! im still having weird doubts abou things that i shouldnt doubt so hard but im feelin more in peace nowdays, thanks for the welcome and all the support!!
It’s a fabulous book. My husband downloaded it but I purchased the paper vision so I can scribble notes in it. Emotional flashback!!! He describes this disorder so well. Plus it was actually a relief learning about this disorder since then there is a name for all the other disorders combined. It made everything else in my life make sense.

My counsellor gave me some good tips also.
She said to instantly breathe deeply.
Then name 5 things in your vision.
Touch five things in your vision and name them
It helps bring your full awareness back to the present moment