• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello I'm new and having difficulty for binge eating!!

J

Jenny_

Hi.. From the age of 16 year i was bulimic, I lost weight and gain weight over the years. Sometimes I would be fine managing my diet with healthy foods and exercise but following relationship breakup My old behaviours crept back in! I did seek help, had 10 sessions with counsellor last year. Although I feel my bulimia is under control Im left with regular binge eating episodes eating up to 10 chocolate bars and bags of crisps. It makes me feel terrible, the guilt and shame is overwhelming but I can't stop myself. I wonder if I'm addicted to sugar? And should give it up? But scared of dieting because I was advised against dieting! But the weight is piling on and I'm getting lower and lower. I was prescribed fluoxetine 20mg end of January which helped with bulimia but not binging.. Would be grateful of any suggestions! Thanks.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Jenny_ :welcome: to the forum. :)

katya

katya

Hello and :welcome:

Do you find that you're obsessed with calories/nutritional information at all? I would avoid getting too into dieting if that's the case, because that can obviously trigger these things and take you many steps back.

I'm not sure what to suggest, but it sounds like you need to eat healthy foods that keep you full? That way you're less likely to binge on sugar?

I've had an eating disorder in the past so I know it's not as simple as just "eating healthily," though. Hope you can get better soon.

J

Jenny_

Hi thanks for reply. No I'm not really obsessed with calories but I tend try avoid caloric things if I'm having a 'good' day but I seem to have lots of bad days, even If I have a healthy balanced breakfast & lunch I could still binge. I feel like im constantly fighting the urge to binge, on the days I don't I feel great! But it never lasts, I try eat healthy but I feel inevitability at some points in the weeks I'll secretly binge causing my mood to be more unstable! I've I'm struggling to know how to go about eating? It's seems to have become so dysfunction and body now into bad habits...

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum Jenny.
Whilst i've had episodes of bulimia in the past, i've never been diagnosed with an eating disorder because the episodes I have just seem to pass by themselves.
I'm sorry to hear of your struggles though. I hope you find this forum helpful.