• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello, I'm extremely nervious but trying to interact with others again online

I

iyashinoegao

Hello,

I joined here since I've been making tremendous progress with my therapist lately and she suggested I try slowly to reach out again with others. So thus I'm here I am. I have server C-PTSD due to online extremely server traumatic events happen to me over the years sadly. As well other things in person that extremely bad happen to me so now I'm beyond terrified of people online and in person. I don't feel uneasy a lot while online too much so I've been taking it very slow reaching out if I feel comfortable and safe around person. As well trying to interact with others once more since I have no social life. So I don't truly know what a real true friend is like to have or what love is in a relationship. So yeah.. I got let down pretty much my whole life from people so my trust level isn't really there and rather prefur animals over humans to be honest. I even am alright with having no relations with anyone being alone as well if nothing happens. So I made peace with that as well if it comes down to it. It's sounds pretty or perhaps severely bad but if you'd been through what I have you'd understand why I would or want that.

I have extreme support from my family and help team, so I'm not alone and getting all the love, support and help I need to continue my journey to recovery. I have many other server mental health issues as well so another reason I wanted to check this place out. Well thank you for reading I appreciate it.

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. I am pleased that you are getting support in your life. When you are ready, look around the forum and decide where you fit in. I hope you find us kind and supportive.

Faith198

Faith198

I understand where you’re coming from, animals are better than most humans 😅😂 I have made a few good friends who make me think otherwise though. After you’ve been let down so many times you tend to really think that way and I get it.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you make some friends here that can relate and be supportive to you :grouphug: :flower2:

I

iyashinoegao

@calypso @Faith198 @Avolitionist

Thank you all for welcoming me here, I appreciate it. We'll see what happens from me being here. I take things extremely slow so I take a lot of time getting to know a person if I feel comfortable and safe feeling around them. Then I'll proceed to conversing with them if I want too.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Welcome 🙏 I have a lot of anxiety over interacting with and getting to know people online too but I am getting better at it...hope you find even more support here and genuine connections :)

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Welcome :welcome:, i to struggle with online (and real life) interactions sometimes. I hope you can find a safe space here like me. I found that engaging in some of the games in the chill out subforums has helped acclimate me to these forums.

I

iyashinoegao

@FlowerBox @UpnDwn1978
Thank you both for welcoming me here, I appreciate it. I'll see to checking out those sections sometime soon perhaps. I'm still nervious a lot to be honest a bit to post anywhere at the moment. For right now I'm just observing a bit first then I'll try to proceed to post or interact on here more.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Take your time :). I lurked around here for six months before I dared to post anything.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I lurked around for a while too, just go at your own pace 🙏

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome the forums. It’s a friendly and thoughtful bunch here and we are glad that you found us. I hope you will enjoy your time here. xo, j

OCDguy

OCDguy

@calypso @Faith198 @Avolitionist

Thank you all for welcoming me here, I appreciate it. We'll see what happens from me being here. I take things extremely slow so I take a lot of time getting to know a person if I feel comfortable and safe feeling around them. Then I'll proceed to conversing with them if I want too.
Hi there and :welcome: to the forum. I think you are making a very wise and sensible approach :) The one good thing with this forum is you can build a picture of someone by reading back on that member's past posts... Hope this helps :)