• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hello.. im a newbie

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
im sandy, just joined ... im on the depression / anxiety roller coaster in south east london.:scared:

I won't witter on too much at this point, hope to feel supported and give support...

see ya soon

sandy x:)

mischief

mischief

Admin
Welcome Sandy! :welcome:

im sandy, just joined ... im on the depression / anxiety roller coaster in south east london.:scared:

I won't witter on too much at this point, hope to feel supported and give support...

see ya soon

Looking forward to your contributions. (y) Just yell if we can help in any way

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Welcome mate!!!! Whereabouts in SE London, I used to live in Lewisham and used the Ladywell unit for outpatients, good experiences of the place...

:welcome:

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
Welcome mate!!!! Whereabouts in SE London, I used to live in Lewisham and used the Ladywell unit for outpatients, good experiences of the place...

:welcome:
yeah .. lewisham borough here too .. been to ladywell unit (amongst others)...

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
yeah .. lewisham borough here too .. been to ladywell unit (amongst others)...
How did you find it? I've not been an inpatient since the late 90s, so I suppose I only saw one side of the Ladywell. That said I found the shrink there very forward thinking.

Mate they have local borough forums on the site. Perhaps when you've settled in you could help out with Lewisham?

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
How did you find it? I've not been an inpatient since the late 90s, so I suppose I only saw one side of the Ladywell. That said I found the shrink there very forward thinking.

Mate they have local borough forums on the site. Perhaps when you've settled in you could help out with Lewisham?

is there a lewisham one ??

i was only an outpatient at ladywell unit too ..

i have a very dim view of most mental health places i have been to im afraid:unsure: always feel they dont know what to do with me after the allocated number of sessions :confused:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
There isn't a Lewisham one yet. As members join they set one up for their area. A few areas in London are covered already. You just email one of the admin (think it has the email on that part of the forum) and they'll put things in motion.

Mate as to bad experiences of mental health institutions don't get me started!!!! Mine have gone from being held now and sedated while Manic, to having a psychiatrist who thinks they're a pyschotherapist doing an impression of Churchill the nodding insurance dog. I'm keeping a healthy distance from psychiatric services at the moment, tho' ironically I am probably going to be working in a psychiatric research institute this coming year as a research assistant.

Last edited:
sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
There isn't a Lewisham one yet. As members join they set one up for their area. A few areas in London are covered already. You just email one of the admin (think it has the email on that part of the forum) and they'll put things in motion.

Mate as to bad experiences of mental health institutions don't get me started!!!! Mine have gone from being held now and sedated while Manic, to having a psychiatrist who thinks they're a pyschotherapist doing an impression of Churchill the nodding insurance dog. I'm keeping a healthy distance from psychiatric services at the moment, tho' ironically I am probably going to be working in a psychiatric research institute this coming year as a research assistant.
sounds like an interesting job :)

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Well I figure after much of my adult life (near 20 years) being disrupted by poor mental health I have to try and find a way to intergrate that experience in a positive way. I've just finished my BSc where I focussed on mental health issues, and I'm going on to do my MSc specifically under a world renowned Psychiatrist and Anthropologist. Working in the research institute is to get the realworld research experience to compliment my qualifications. Hopefully when all is said and done I will have made up some lost time and be in a sector where my experience will enhance my learning...

D

Dollit

Hi Sandybob - hope you get as much out of being here as I do. Amazing place, you can panic, get angry, be happy, celebrate, need help, give help and there is always someone around to join in... :tea:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member

see ya soon

Hello and :welcome: sandybob :)
Hope you like it here :)

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
hello my parents used to live in rotherhithe - don't think its far away from you - funny ol' world eh?

I was born in london though - lambeth

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
Well I figure after much of my adult life (near 20 years) being disrupted by poor mental health I have to try and find a way to intergrate that experience in a positive way. I've just finished my BSc where I focussed on mental health issues, and I'm going on to do my MSc specifically under a world renowned Psychiatrist and Anthropologist. Working in the research institute is to get the realworld research experience to compliment my qualifications. Hopefully when all is said and done I will have made up some lost time and be in a sector where my experience will enhance my learning...
WOW .. such alot of positve stuff :)

i sometimes feel im approaching a point where i can get off my preverbial backside and do something positive and interesting ....
:eek:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
WOW .. such alot of positve stuff :)

i sometimes feel im approaching a point where i can get off my preverbial backside and do something positive and interesting ....
:eek:
Well the start of the year is a great place to start :) I was chatting with our receptionist the other day. She's feeling a bit down in the dumps about her progression at work. I asked 'Where were you last year, you'd just got back from California (she's a bit of a surfer), you wanted a job, and a year later you have a job. It's the new year, so set yourself some goals, and if you've achieved them in any way in 12 months, even if you don't feel great where you are, your ahead'.

There was a time when I just hoped I'd stop becoming ill, ending up in hospital either via the normal or forensic method. Since my last bout of illness (well at least the last time I was in hospital!) I've got married, had kids, started working, done a degree, and have plans to gradually move forward. What's that axiom 'Mighty oaks grow from small acorns'

Here's wishing you success in any decisions you take, sláinte :tea:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lalune96 Introduce Yourself 2
ColdandAlone Introduce Yourself 13
C Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 7
J Introduce Yourself 4