• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello I would love to talk with people who are suffering from anxiety

G

good to talk

Hi are you willing to talk to me. I have anxiety and sometimes its hard to manage. I would love to be able to converse with others as I am sure I would get a lot of support and help.

G

good to talk

I am new here and would love to hear from people.

Bod

Bod

Hello good to talk, welcome to the forum you will find many members here who have anxiety as well as depression so I hope you can settle in.

M

MickeyJim

Depression and anxiety are never far apart from one and other.
Depression brings on anxiety, and anxiety brings on depression.

I learned a while back, depression is worry about things in the past and have been and gone.
Anxiety is worry about things in the future and they haven't happened yet.
Peace comes from being able to know where you are here and now, and ALLOWING ourselves to be OK with who, what and where we are right now.

Nobody tells you it's easy to do. Nor will I.
It is as easy or as difficult as we wish to make it.
How do we focus on now?
Breathe. Listen. Breathe. Relax. Be OK in this moment right now.. Not there in the past, not there in the future, we are here. Now.

Let that be OK, even for a moment it can bring a great release.

W

Wewillmakeit

I have been bullied for nearly all my life for numerous amounts of things. I always laughed it off and showed great courage at those times. I am now 28 and I feel like I was put through the ringer. Now i am more anxious then ever.

M

MickeyJim

I have been bullied for nearly all my life for numerous amounts of things. I always laughed it off and showed great courage at those times. I am now 28 and I feel like I was put through the ringer. Now i am more anxious then ever.
Would that laughter be laughing with you now if you let it, or would it find the funny that you forgot to keep hold of?

Jolly

Jolly

I suffer really awful anxiety. Some dais I think great it is going and then bang it hits me again. My therapist has taught me a lot about myself. I do mindfulness to calm me down. Have you spoken to any professionals. Also welcome 🙏

M

MickeyJim

I suffer really awful anxiety. Some dais I think great it is going and then bang it hits me again. My therapist has taught me a lot about myself. I do mindfulness to calm me down. Have you spoken to any professionals. Also welcome 🙏
In terms of mindfulness, the best resource I have is a book called Mindful Meditation by Jon Kabat Zin
It's priceless. It's a tomb of a read, but priceless.

W

Wewillmakeit

I haven’t talked to a therapist. I have always been the strong one for everyone I feel and when it’s me needing the shoulder no one is there and I’m pretty sure it’s definitely a lack of them not knowing how much of a serious problem for me to deal with. Down to mental abuse to physical abuse to emotional. I’m drained. I’m stronger than my thoughts of suicide isn’t that crazy. But Idk how long that will last and I am afraid, that one day what if that strength for me to stop myself is no longer there

Jolly

Jolly

Personally I would talk to your GP and ask if you can be referred to a psychiatrist or a therapist for the help you need

M

MickeyJim

I haven’t talked to a therapist. I have always been the strong one for everyone I feel and when it’s me needing the shoulder no one is there and I’m pretty sure it’s definitely a lack of them not knowing how much of a serious problem for me to deal with. Down to mental abuse to physical abuse to emotional. I’m drained. I’m stronger than my thoughts of suicide isn’t that crazy. But Idk how long that will last and I am afraid, that one day what if that strength for me to stop myself is no longer there
You're sounding like you see yourself in the place where I feel I am now. Drained, low resources, looking for answers we might not find.
But we are still here.
If like me, I'm pretty certain that surprises you as it does me.

Certain elusive obviousness like that makes me smile.

I've suffered, for me, for others, for.... But ibe suffered. I thought it was too much. I suffered. But I find myself here today, still suffering, and all I can think is those demons in my head will never get the better of me, they need to get up well before I do to get one over on me. I'm aware, I'm watching, I'm still standing, I'm still here... and I intend to stay.

W

Wewillmakeit

Yes Mikey. It kind of fuels me up. I think about the time where pain felt unbearable and that I wouldn’t make it but here I am. Here I am . Here we are. I’m very lucky to have moments where I can go back to myself and feel grateful for certain things