• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello I just joined, anyone else feel alone?

F

FreshFreedom

The voices I hear make me feel like I'm connected to a parallel universe, anyone else have this?
I lost so many friends when I lost touch with reality but it always feels like I'm still with them
and at the same time it always feels like they're following me everywhere

Would be nice to meet some new people

F

FreshFreedom

Thank you!
Then I'm glad to be here
I'm so lost and out of control but I will be screened for therapy within the next couple of weeks

THE MANDALORIAN

THE MANDALORIAN

Welcome to our planet.

This is our peaceful sanctuary.

God Bless. 🙏

boudreauj4

boudreauj4

Welcome ! I also feel like I am connected to a parallel universe. I feel like the voices I hear come from it, and also other things I hear and see. I also see large purple spots on the ceiling sometimes that I wonder if they are portals to the parallel universe.

F

FreshFreedom

Thanks! That must be hard to handle, I sometimes feel like in the other universe I am in a coma and my friends are trying to wake me up out of it

K

karl7

The voices I hear make me feel like I'm connected to a parallel universe, anyone else have this?
I lost so many friends when I lost touch with reality but it always feels like I'm still with them
and at the same time it always feels like they're following me everywhere

Would be nice to meet some new people
@FreshFreedom ....welcome to the forums....this is a nice place to come to.....i know what voices are like.....i have them 24/7

F

FreshFreedom

@karl7 Thanks! How do you keep control over your own thoughts? And are you able to plan your life alongside them? I am waiting for therapy but until then I have been fighting it alone

D

dewey

@karl7 Thanks! How do you keep control over your own thoughts? And are you able to plan your life alongside them? I am waiting for therapy but until then I have been fighting it alone
@FreshFreedom, really sorry to hear of your struggles. You're definitely not alone, people here will support you.

I would agree that good therapy is going to be the ideal (although difficult) way to help you. Ideally, it would help you to relieve what you have been building up inside, and the anxieties you appear to have, by talking about them and writing about them. Therapy is a long road, but the good news is, it DOES get better.

You are so not alone in what you're experiencing, so many people have mental health struggles.

It sounds like despite how difficult what you have been going through is, that you have a really strong constructive mindset and are a very open person, so welcome.

D

dewey

With regards to your question, maybe others can give their ten cents too, but this is what my experience has been:
it is quite hard to control your thoughts, they are often something that happens, and if you want to change, then you need to reflect on what on earth is going on behind them. Good psychoanalytic/psychodynamic/counselling therapy can be the best type of therapy for this as you would share your experiences and anxieties and try to make sense of them. Honestly, sometimes the only way to change the way you think is a long process, of trying to understand yourself better. A therapist can be valuable support.

It is not only therapists that can help with this, a lot of it can be your own work, trying to reflect and understand why certain thoughts are coming up. Writing it out. Talking and discussing with trusted friends. Make sure your friends are in a positive mindset so you keep good relationships, be aware of what they are saying, are they coming from a good place themselves?

In terms of planning your life, other life plans can tend to go on the backburner whilst you improve your mental health but there's no reason why when you are doing this, you shouldn't think about life plans.

F

FreshFreedom

@dewey how do I make sure my friends are in a positive mindset?

I miss the ones that have cut me off so much and the voices make me think they miss me too, but they don't. I can't stop smoking weed either because it makes me feel like they are with me and i'm afraid to take my medication after I smoke. I stopped smoking for 6 weeks but I caved in after leaving hospital because I feel so alone especially with the lockdown and christmas coming up

D

dewey

@dewey how do I make sure my friends are in a positive mindset?

I miss the ones that have cut me off so much and the voices make me think they miss me too, but they don't. I can't stop smoking weed either because it makes me feel like they are with me and i'm afraid to take my medication after I smoke. I stopped smoking for 6 weeks but I caved in after leaving hospital because I feel so alone especially with the lockdown and christmas coming up
I'm just going to put it out there, don't be too hard on yourself and focus only on the negatives. For example the fact you gave up for 6 weeks in itself is super positive because it shows how much amazing will power you have. Sure, you caved, but remember, if you gave up for 6 weeks, that solidly means you have the strength within you to put the habit aside for another 6 weeks. Don't focus on how long you took it back up for, or that you took it back up at all. Just focus on the fact you actually gave it up.

If you are lonely, there are better friends on here.

Weed is going to be your enemy if you want good mental health.

Tbh, finding reliable friends is hard. You will find them on here, you have one such friend in me. Messaging people on here can you give you support and encouragement because we all KNOW how bad it is and we all want you to recover as much as you do.
Finding them in real life can be more tricky, I know it might sound out of reach but if you hit your lowest ebb have you considered going to church. The ideas that Jesus preaches can be useful and you can find some solid friends there. Not trying to convert you in anyway but religious settings can be nice, sometimes when you need that space of mind and you're not getting it elsewhere. Also buddhist centres? They do meditation there.

Make sure the friends you have aren't doing drugs ,weed, etc and want your recovery as much as you do.