• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello, I hope you're doing well.

E

Enokitake

Hey there.

I'm not really used to online forum etiquette. Not really sure how to introduce myself on such a subject.

I sought out this forum after a bout of anxiety. Though even typing this I'm not sure if its anxiety or just general worry.

I want to get better and learn from other people's experiences.

Uhmm, I dont know if I should share things outside of mental health here.

I enjoyed cooking as well as art and music. I dont do much of anything now.

I hope you're doing well, and that our discussions can be positive and beneficial for everyone.

Bod

Bod

Hello Enokitake, welcome to the forum I hope you get the help and advice off the members here as everyone is so caring.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Welcome @Enokitake! You are in the right place and you can talk about whatever you want! I like cooking as well. Lots of us struggle with anxiety. I hope you find this forum useful!

Bod

Bod

Thank you Bod, I'm nervous but interested in how this goes.

Your more than welcome, many of us suffer from anxiety as I do along with my depression and paranoid feelings. Have a look around the different threads and try to post, as then we can all try to help you through it and understand how to cope.

E

Enokitake

Welcome @Enokitake! You are in the right place and you can talk about whatever you want! I like cooking as well. Lots of us struggle with anxiety. I hope you find this forum useful!
Thank you, I sort of impulsively joined without reading through the forums too much. From the few minutes of browsing though, this place seems welcoming and supportive.

What's your favorite food to cook? I particularly enjoy making curries in general. Theres something really warm and invigorating about toasting spices in a pan.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Thank you, I sort of impulsively joined without reading through the forums too much. From the few minutes of browsing though, this place seems welcoming and supportive.

What's your favorite food to cook? I particularly enjoy making curries in general. Theres something really warm and invigorating about toasting spices in a pan.
I’m a big fan of curry! I would say I’m more of a savoury kinda cook. Or anything spicy. Lately I have trouble finding the energy to cook a big meal. In the last year I was given a toaster oven with a rotisserie, and a cast iron pan. I love using both and enjoy trying to learn and do better next time. Lately the stuff I cook is more basic like a whole rotisserie chicken. Or learning how to get a good crust on a steak in the cast iron.

I would really like to get a cast iron pot and go camping and make lasagna over a fire.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

Heating spices in the pan is very fragrant. I love the smell too.

E

Enokitake

I’m a big fan of curry! I would say I’m more of a savoury kinda cook. Or anything spicy. Lately I have trouble finding the energy to cook a big meal. In the last year I was given a toaster oven with a rotisserie, and a cast iron pan. I love using both and enjoy trying to learn and do better next time. Lately the stuff I cook is more basic like a whole rotisserie chicken. Or learning how to get a good crust on a steak in the cast iron.

I would really like to get a cast iron pot and go camping and make lasagna over a fire.
I enjoy the method and craftsmanship in baking and pastry, but I agree with you, savoury cooking is so expressive and fun to experiment with!

Ah man, you have a rotisserie oven! Its tricky to work around outside of chicken, though theres some cool things you can do with it that cant be replaced by other means. Working with cast iron is aesthetically pleasing to me. It becomes really personalized when you've spent enough time cooking with it.
I hope you find some time to cook, it's a truly gratifying process.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Enokitake, welcome to the forum.

Racer

Racer

Hi Enokitake, I like chocalate chip cookies !

M

Meowycake

Hey there.

I'm not really used to online forum etiquette. Not really sure how to introduce myself on such a subject.

I sought out this forum after a bout of anxiety. Though even typing this I'm not sure if its anxiety or just general worry.

I want to get better and learn from other people's experiences.

Uhmm, I dont know if I should share things outside of mental health here.

I enjoyed cooking as well as art and music. I dont do much of anything now.

I hope you're doing well, and that our discussions can be positive and beneficial for everyone.
Hi, I’m new today too. Still not quite sure how to work this site, but we’ll do it together I’m sure. I’ve fallen in love with it already but I’m not making any promises on regularity because as we know there’s ebs and flows