• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello I have OCD, I think?

N

Nicolaxious

Hey, I have always considered myself being at least different from other people. I have been always having weired thoughts and desires. Firstly I sometimes I think about hurting someone with a pen or something, but never to myself. I am socially very capable, but sometimes have weired thoughts and I try to repress them. Slowly I started reading about OCD and began to notice that I fitted in the profile. I'm scared and desperate. I never have hurt anyone nor will. I have been a very good person, but I hate having to touch the door knob or light switch about 4 times every time I leave my room. I don't think anyone notices. I also tend to count repeatedly out loud, and I hate that because sometimes people do see me and think I'm weired. I don't care that much about people thinking, but I'm scared about me. I don't know what to do or think. I don't want to talk to a professional, because eventually my family would notice. Please help!

PS. thanks:)

Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

Hi Nicolaxious,

Same as, had OCD for 15 years, hate counting a set amount of times to check the door, cooker or whatever and then having to repeat if not right! I have lots of intrusive thoughts about hurting others or myself! dont worry, OCD is a thought, very , very unlikley to be an action. If you can go talk to your doctor, I know its hard , i didnt for years, but seriosly you are not alone. I no you must be scared right now but you've come to the right place. The fact you wrote aout it is a good thing!! Hope you seek the helpyou need! There are alot of people on here that have suffered with similar things, so talk about how your feeling as much as you like!!

Take care,

Angel:hug:

T

Twylight

Hello and welcome

I've had ocd for thirty years

I worry about switching things off and then I'll go out for hours and leave the kitchen light on - on purpose

N

Nicolaxious

Thank you

Thanks! I was hoping for those words for a long time.

Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

Your welcome!

Hope you seek the help & support you need, If you want to ever talk about anything then post away! If it's OCD related I'll help if I can!

Goodluck Nico,

Angel:hug::)

N

Nicolaxious

Hey

Hello, I have felt so much better talking about it and confronting it. It may be emotional regarding the pass of my father 4 years ago. I think that's when everything started. But I also had new better qualities in my life. But still felt completely lost and started behaving like OCD. I am planing that at some point I go talking with a professional. I thank you all so much for the words. I think this is a big and good step for me. I've tried doing the exact opposite of what I normally do in my "rituals" to change things. But sometimes I just have a very unpleasant feeling and tend to repeat counting, words, touching stuff. I have also a problem with making people believe I another person than i really am. I am phony to some people and sometimes I don't even know who I am anymore. I do things I don't really want to do and I behave like another more polite and understanding and even smarter person than I am really. Sometimes I have very weired feelings about doing something like in the gutt, as if i were not to do it or something bad would happen. I am trying to change that, but follows me everywhere I go.

A thousand thanks!

Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

Hi Nico,

Things take time, OCD is a wicked thing and will follow you everywhere even if at times you are more able to control it. You are doing the right thing, seeking help and talking about it. Remember your not alone, but look after yourself, often as it is for me the more tired I am the worse it will be!

Take Care,

Angel;):hug: