• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello i have C PTSD and looking for advice

R

Renee55

Hello

I was diagnosed with C PTSD about 10 years ago after years of seeing a Psychiatrist. I struggle daily and for the past 3 years I have been diagnosed with physical illness that my Rheumatologist has linked to my C PTSD.

I think if I could get my daily anxiety/panic mode settled more I would feel better physically so I'm looking for any advice as how to do this. In the past I have tried EMDR, CBT, breathing exercise to help with the sympathetic system and I'm still experiencing severe anxiety.

Any advice please.

Thank you!

B

Bod

Former member
Hello Renee55, welcome to the forum I hope you will settle here as everyone is helpful and caring. I had to go through years of therapy to sort out my CPTSD and it was hell to go through for me, but I managed it thank god, mine was from trauma in childhood and teens then as an adult.

R

Renee55

Hello Bod

I too have went through lots of different therapies. Now I am still left with that fight or flight feeling daily and I'd love to get some respite from it. I do meditation and breathing techniques but the minute I stop it comes straight back.

B

Bod

Former member
I have a fantastic book that is called COMPLEX: PTSD From Surviving to Thriving by Pete Walker. Got it off Amazon as their are a few members who swear by this book.

R

Renee55

OK that's great. I will go and have a look, I love reading so that's a bonus.

Thanks so much! X

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Renee55, welcome to the forum.

Racer

Racer

Hi Renee, nice to have you here. i have been wanting to get that book as well. trying to find a way to get it without my wife knowing. i hope you are having a great day !

jajingna

jajingna

For books online you can look here too:

R

Renee55

Hi Renee, nice to have you here. i have been wanting to get that book as well. trying to find a way to get it without my wife knowing. i hope you are having a great day !
Thank you Racer, hope your well. X

H

healingwithyou

Pete walker also has a website with a lot of what's in the book on it..