• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hello i guess

N

nayfish

I stumbled across this website whilst sat in my room researching even more into bipolar, trying to figure out why i feel like i do.

I have not yet sought professional advice as to my bipolar issues. I am 19, since the age of 14 have had depersonalization, and over last year and a half to 2 years have been developing increasing number of "symptoms" of bipolar. a year and a half ago when i discovered what bipolar was i thought it sounded like what was affecting me.

I never believed i would have it though so ignored it until late last year when it worsened and now all these feelings and moods are something i live with on a daily basis. Upon much research and help from a certain wonderful girl i realised that i fit all criteria for bipolar. i know i need professional advice and diagnosis but i think im actually scared to.

D

Dollit

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It's not a good idea to diagnose yourself, particularly as bipolar rarely affects someone as young as you and that moods are greatly affected by hormones. You could actually be worrying over something that doesn't exist.

You really should see your GP first and talk to him or her to see if you do actually need a psychiatric referral. A psychiatrist is the only person who can make a diagnosis.

Meanwhile keep posting.

ThatCleo

ThatCleo

Hi Nayfish,

Welcome to the group. I hope you can make yourself at home here and that we can help with your journey.

Dollit is right that you should see your GP and get a referral to a psychiatrist. I know this is a huge step. But you'll get help that way and hopefully feel a better along the track. Most importantly, you need to know what you're really dealing with here.

Let us know how you go.

D

deltadelta78

Hello everyboyd

I am here first time, My name is mike and i am a college student and i am very conscious about health since my child hood so i want to start some discussion about weight loss supplement and and superfood that is beneficial for our health.

Are you all are happy with my proposal?

Thank you so much!!!!

D

Dollit

No I am not happy with your proposal.

This is a forum specifically for people with mental health issues which includes eating disorders not a place for people to peddle their goods.

Last edited:
ThatCleo

ThatCleo

If there is a direct correlation to discussion of our mental health and wellbeing. But not using the forum as a marketplace.

What was your intention?

D

Dollit

Cleo there's no point in asking the poster questions when they've been banned as they can't answer!

ThatCleo

ThatCleo

My apologies. I didn't see that. Will keep an eye on it for next time.

C.:)