• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello I’m a newbie to forum 😊

H

healthybrain

Im on Lamictal and it helps with the emotional roller coaster ride. Keep an eye on your memory as that is a side effect. I left the oven on 475 for several hours the other day as I completely forgot. Its supposed to have the least side effects. I'm trying to figure out if its killing my libido but I think its an antipsychotic Im on. Good your on the forum.

Bonnie23

Bonnie23

Hello yes Iv noticed a little bit of memory trouble, the lamictal has improved my libido, apart from that it seems pretty good for no side effects. And it has calmed down my anger a lot I feel like a different person and that’s just after 6 weeks on it.

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

Welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you might have bipolar disorder. I hope the lamotrigine works for you!

Zero One

Zero One

My doctor recommended vitamin B complex for the memory trouble and it really worked. He said that trouble with memory is a depressive symptom.

Bonnie23

Bonnie23

Iv had so many antidepressants over the years and nothing has worked everything Iv had has made me high as a kite, wired and irritable, and just worsened my symptoms, I have ocd also I’m on fluoxetine and clomipramine too. I take a multivitamin maybe I should start taking vitamin b again. I don’t know why but when I’m in my elevated mood and high as a kite my obsessive thoughts get a lot worse, I wondered if anyone else has had that problem?

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

I don’t know why but when I’m in my elevated mood and high as a kite my obsessive thoughts get a lot worse
I don't have ocd but when I was hypomanic it surely looked like I did.

Zero One

Zero One

I have so many mental disorders and I could have sworn I had OCD with my handwashing but my previous psychiatrist said I do not and the dx is the same with my current psychiatrist. The only obsessive thoughts I get are intrusive during psychosis, I don't really consider these part of my mania but I could be wrong.

Bonnie23

Bonnie23

I have so many mental disorders and I could have sworn I had OCD with my handwashing but my previous psychiatrist said I do not and the dx is the same with my current psychiatrist. The only obsessive thoughts I get are intrusive during psychosis, I don't really consider these part of my mania but I could be wrong.
Bipolar is a breeding ground for obsessive thoughts but you can also have ocd along side it too, I get intrusive thoughts during high episodes but the are more obsessive and stick in my head when I am depressed.

Zero One

Zero One

Bipolar is a breeding ground for obsessive thoughts but you can also have ocd along side it too, I get intrusive thoughts during high episodes but the are more obsessive and stick in my head when I am depressed.
I'm going to ask my psychiatrist about this. I am seldom depressed in mood because I cannot stand it so I take my meds and they work for the most part, I also try to do whatever I can to not be depressed, but it manifests in the form of memory loss or I may feel a bit down but it usually doesn't last long. 2 things I hate are depressed mood and akathisia.

Bonnie23

Bonnie23

I'm going to ask my psychiatrist about this. I am seldom depressed in mood because I cannot stand it so I take my meds and they work for the most part, I also try to do whatever I can to not be depressed, but it manifests in the form of memory loss or I may feel a bit down but it usually doesn't last long. 2 things I hate are depressed mood and akathisia.
That’s exactly what I feel I still get depressed and I can feel when my moods are going to change because I become not interested in anything and lethargic but since starting lamotrigine I don’t seem to hit rock bottom like before, it’s not as long neither.

Zero One

Zero One

Yes. Today my moods we're getting really bad really fast but I took my meds late because I slept like 3 hours late 😋. I think the meds are starting to work now.

Bonnie23

Bonnie23

I could feel a bad irritable mood coming on before I took my lamotrigine as I took it late today slept in having had 5 jack daniels last night. Won’t be doing that again 😂

soul searching

soul searching

Hi Bonnie23! That would really be awful to have such extreme mood swings! I can see how that would make you feel exhausted. I think the lamotrigine will help you to get even better the longer you take it. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed with pain and negativity. I'll usually post my thought and feelings here, that in itself is helpful.

Bonnie23

Bonnie23

Hi Bonnie23! That would really be awful to have such extreme mood swings! I can see how that would make you feel exhausted. I think the lamotrigine will help you to get even better the longer you take it. Sometimes, I get overwhelmed with pain and negativity. I'll usually post my thought and feelings here, that in itself is helpful.
My mood completely changed yesterday, I coudnt stop crying, was obsessing about everything and just felt so down, irritable and no interest in anything and I felt restless like I didn’t want to do anything at all but also wanted to do stuff if that makes sense. It was kind of mixed.