• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello. Have psychosis but no one can say what it is.

A

AboveAllOthers

Founding Member
Well, I've been battling some form of psychosis yet to be determined (3 doctors including 1 psychiatrist, 1 therapist and 1 social worker) cannot pinpoint exactly what it is that I have. I thought to myself where could I talk to others who have some mental disorder or may provide some insight. Naturally, I turned to the all-knowing Google, and thought about a forum, so this was the first link and here I am. The various medical/social individual involved in my diagnosis currently cant decide exactly what it is. Some think it may be schizophrenia with something else, others think it may be DID or MPD (dissociative identity disorder or multiple personality disorder), however, that one is being ruled out. They are also considering some personality disorder, such as narcassistic, however, yet again, some of them disagree. Point is, whatever it is, I hope to learn to deal with it. Now onto some a bit "lighter"...

I'm 18 years old, going into 2nd year university this September. I was first interested in biophysics, then a double major for biology and mathematics, then flopped over to biology and chemistry, then flopped over to where I hopefully will stay, biology and psychology. Happily, the last one is where I feel the most comfortable on.

Returning to the mental health, I'm not going to list the symptoms, as several apparently are not from schizophrenia, however, they tend to make others, even the people helping me feel uncomfortable. If there is a part of this forum to list symptoms then, why not, I'll go for it.

Hopefully this hasn't put you to sleep, and happy chatting :D

D

Dollit

Hi AAO welcome to the forum. Haven't got tons of time this morning but I'll have a look at your other posts later. Hope we can give you some support here.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: AAO. The best place for discussion of specific conditions is probably the Mental Health Issues and Experiences section where you will find a wide range of sub-forums.

Nick.

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Hello AAO and :welcome:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 4
F Introduce Yourself 5
Pelyna Introduce Yourself 5
D Introduce Yourself 5
P Introduce Yourself 9