Hello from Yorkshire

Shape Shiftsalot

Shape Shiftsalot

Hi guys. I'm a 23yo male with Asperger's Syndrome and I've been having anxiety and depression issues since I was 16. They've gotten worse progressively along with things that have happened in my life such as looking after my dad and having him die on me. I was an alcoholic for a while and at the moment I'm in a rehab facility for people with mental problems, I'll be returning in August. It feels like my mind's changed and this year my anxiety and panic have been off the charts. I feel different in myself, like I really took a beating with the drinking and it's made my thought patterns different. I hope that's a normal feeling when you're depressed.

I hope I can find advice and people with similar experiences, or understanding of the odd things I feel inside because it seems my family don't get me half the time.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm very sorry about what happened to you with your dad, that must of been horrible. The forum will be slow for the next few hours as most members are in UK and sleeping now, so you may not get many replies till tommorrow.
I'm not too farmiliar with asbergers that I feel I can give you any advice on what to do but I will say there are other members here who do have asbergers and I'm sure you will find someone who will relate to you. Are you in the rehab because of the alcohol or because of you mh condition, are you do to be released soon?
I do have anxiety and depression, also problems with binging alcohol time to time. But I'm sure your asbergers probably makes it very complicated for you in trying to recover. Anyway I hope you are able to make good friends here and get the support you need. :welcome:

standon

standon

Hi just saying hello and welcome, im yorkshire, born n bread too, yes we been sleeping Gajolene, but me too much, struggling to get up at present.

Sorry about the stuff you have gone through, but hope your getting the help and support in rehab. The forum is a great place, everyone going through different issues, but the one thing we all have in common is understanding, how depression, mh affects us, which when your going through it means a lot, many family and friends dont get it, same here, some think can just snap out of things, its sometimes because they havent suffered with depression or anxiety.

I hope you find the forum helpful, give it time, read other peoples threads, comments start threads, it does help, keep up with the recovery, I wish you well, hope to speak again soon

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Introduce Yourself 9
R Introduce Yourself 6
P Introduce Yourself 5
F Introduce Yourself 6
N Introduce Yourself 9