• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello From Tasmania

R

RonPrice

1. EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL-ROLE POSITIONS: 1943-2009

1999-2009-Writer/Poet/Publisher/Journalist and Retired Teacher/Lecturer/Tutor/Adult Educator/Facilitator
George Town Tasmania Australia
2002-2005-Program Presenter City Park Radio Launceston
1999-2004-Tutor and/or President George Town School for Seniors Inc
1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies and Human Services
West Australian Department of Training
1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies and Co-ordinator of
Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland WA
1982-1985 -Adult Educator Open College of Tafe Katherine NT
1981 -Maintenance Scheduler Renison Bell Zeehan Tasmania
1980-Unemployed due to Bi-Polar Disability
1979 -Editor External Studies Unit Tasmanian CAE
Youth Worker Resource Centre Association Launceston
Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour Tasmanian CAE
Radio Journalist ABC Launceston
1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities Ballarat CAE Ballarat
1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies Whitehorse Technical College,
Box Hill Victoria
1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies Tasmanian CAE Launceston
1972-1973 -High School Teacher South Australian Education Department
1971 Primary School Teacher Whyalla SA Australia
1969-1971 Primary School Teacher Prince Edward County
Board of Education Picton Ontario Canada
1969 Systems Analyst Bad Boy Co Ltd Toronto Ontario
1967-68 -Community Teacher Department of Indian Affairs and Northern
Development Frobisher Bay NWT Canada
1959-67 -Summer jobs-1 to 4 months each- from grade 10 to end of university
1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in
Canada-McMaster Uni-1963-1966 Windsor Teachers’ College-1966/7
1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around
Hamilton Ontario
October 1943 to July 1944-Conception to Birth in Hamilton Ontario

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA TO 2009

I have been married for 42 years. My wife is a Tasmanian, aged 63. We’ve had one child: age 32 in 2009. I have two step-children: ages: 42 and 39 in 2009. I am 65, am a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written 3 books--all available on the internet. I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2003 and voluneeer teaching/work in 2005 after 35 years in classrooms. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 50 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 230 lbs, eyes-brown/hair-grey, Caucasian. See my website for more details at: http://www.users.on.net/~ronprice/ and go to any search engine and type: Ron Price followed by any one of a number of words: poetry, Bahá'í, literature, history, bipolar disorder, psychology, sociology, inter alia.

D

dlzoidberg

:welcome:

You are right about your website. It gave me a headache after about 2 minutes!

R

RonPrice

Try Other Sections

Yes, dlzoidberg, my website access page is a colour problem for some....best to go to other sections listed at the bottom of the access page.-Ron

maxitab

maxitab

Hi, welcome back, but I am afraid dlzoidberg left the forum last year.......

R

RonPrice

Thanks, qualityfactor. Life is busy even in retirement. Still encouragement is important if one is to keep posting stuff. See you lateRon

Last edited:
R

RonPrice

Since it has been two-and-a-half years since I registered at this site, I'll update my introduction.-Ron
-------------------------------------
EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL-ROLE POSITIONS: 1943-2012

2010-2012-Retired and on a pension in George Town, Tasmania
1999-2009-Writer & Author, Poet & Publisher, Editor & Researcher. Retired Teacher & Lecturer, Tutor & Adult Educator, Taxi-Driver & Ice-Cream Salesman, George Town Tasmania Australia
2002-2005-Program Presenter City Park Radio Launceston
1999-2004-Tutor &/or President George Town School for Seniors Inc
1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies & Human Services West Australian Department of Training
1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies & Co-ordinator of Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland WA
1982-1985 -Adult Educator Open College of Tafe Katherine NT
1981 -Maintenance Scheduler Renison Bell Zeehan Tasmania
1980-Unemployed due to illness and recovery
1979-Editor External Studies Unit Tasmanian CAE; Youth Worker Resource Centre Association; Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour Tasmanian CAE; Radio Journalist ABC---all in Launceston Tasmania
1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities Ballarat CAE Ballarat, Victoria
1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies Whitehorse Technical College, Box Hill Victoria
1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies Tasmanian CAE Launceston, Tasmania
1972-1973 -High School Teacher South Australian Education Dept.
1971-Primary School Teacher Whyalla South Australia
1969-1971 Primary School Teacher Prince Edward County Board of Education Picton Ontario Canada
1969-Systems Analyst Bad Boy Co Ltd Toronto Ontario
1967-68 -Community Teacher Department of Indian Affairs & Northern Development Frobisher Bay NWT Canada
1959-67 -Summer jobs-1 to 4 months each- from grade 10 to end of university
1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in Canada: McMaster Uni-1963-1966, Windsor Teachers’ College-1966/7
1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around Hamilton Ontario
1943 to 1944-Conception in October 1943 to birth in July 1944 in Hamilton Ontario

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA TO 2012

I have been married twice for a total of 45 years. My second wife is a Tasmanian, aged 65. We’ve had one child: age 34. I have two step-children: ages: 46 and 41, three step-grandchildren, ages 18, 15 and 1, as well as one grandchild aged 6 months. All of the above applies in December 2012. I am 67, am a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written several books--all available on the internet.

I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2003 and volunteer teaching/work in 2005 after 32 years in classrooms as a teacher and another 18 as a student. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 53 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 235 lbs, eyes-brown/hair-grey, Caucasian.

My website is found at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/ You can also go to any search engine and type: Ron Price followed by any one of a number of words in addition to: poetry, forums, religion, literature, history, bipolar disorder, psychology, sociology, philosophy, inter alia, to access my writing________________________

R

RonPrice

I could update some of the details in the above post, but it is still sufficiently accurate to leave as it is and not post a third edition of my introdction at this site. One week from today will be Christmas Day. Adherents.com is a website that aims to collect and present information about religious demographics. The site was established in 1998. It is the largest pool of such data freely available on the internet. As of January 2010, the site contains approximately 44,000 references on over 4,300 faith groups. The site offers its information sorted geographically, focusing on the number of adherents of a given denomination in a specific region or country.

With around 2.2 billion adherents, split into 3 main branches of Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox, Christianity is the world's largest religion. The Christian share of the world's population has stood at around 33% for the last hundred years. Go to this link for more information: Christianity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

F

fallen

Welcome back to the site Ron! :welcome:

Look forward to speaking to you sometime.

xfallenx

M

Maisy

Hi Ron. I was born in WA, incidentally, became a Christian there when I was 18, and also used to have family living in Tasmania for years. I live in England.

R

RonPrice

Thanks for your response, Maisy. I joined the Baha'i Faith in 1959. Statistical estimates of the worldwide Bahá'í population are difficult to arrive at. The religion is almost entirely contained in a single, organised community, but the Bahá'í population is spread out into almost every country and ethnicity in the world, being recognized as the second-most geographically widespread religion after Christianity. For more details on the statistical aspect of this Faith, a Faith that claims to be the newest, the latest, of the Abrahamic religions, got to:Bahá'í statistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

M

Maisy

My cousin, who as it happens used to live in Tasmania, is a Baha'i. When I was younger I looked into several different faiths / ways of living. But I had a number of personal experiences that brought me to being a Christian. I am passionate about it, but will look up that link on Baha'i .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Introduce Yourself 11
TylersOutlet24 Introduce Yourself 6
L Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 8