• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello from New Jersey, (where is "old" Jersey?)

wishiwuzthar

wishiwuzthar

Founding Member
Just dropping by to say how are ya! I find it fascinating that I haven't the foggiest notion where the original ("old") Jersey is, what it is like there, countryside, or urban? Though I do understand that the original Jersey is in England, somewhere. I had visited your nation at one time, where my family & I drove a rental all the way to Edinburgh (sp.). Naturally, on the "wrong" side of the road! That was maddening! I had an accident within 30 minutes on the road.

A bit about me, well I'm 56, divorced, remarried (why didn't I learn the 1st time around? LOL)!

I enjoy writing fiction, sci-fi mostly; & composing feature articles on various subjects as well.

I'm a US Navy veteran, formerly onboard the USS Coral Sea 1979-82 as a stew burner/cook/ward room attendant.

I recently purchased a previously uncared for, 1930's Craftsman Bungalow (style) home. And, yes it is the not-so mysterious money hole.

Unfortunately, I have issues resulting from not obtaining a college education when I had the chance. (Lack of $$$!) And, now I am paying the full price in the way of working 2 "slacker" night jobs, 7 days/wk. in order to stay afloat. One, is as a towmotor/forklift opr. the other as a route driver delivering numerous & heavy newspaper bundles to different stores in neighboring towns. (Is $ a god?)

I am currently reading the Master & Commander series by Patrick O'Brian, specifically, The Mauritius Command. We watch the Stargate's continuously, CSI's (my favorite Miami)

I suppose I also have the Peter Pan complex as well, because my wife & I have all the current H. Potter flicks, & I enjoy the whole dormitory school thing. One reason my be that late father went to Girard Academy in Phila. as a fatherless child.

OK, I'm done for now, thank you for your patience!

wishiwuzthar

wishiwuzthar

Founding Member
Thank you for the welcome!

I forgot to mention, I do not know why, that I also play the drums, though I have not been doing that as much as I used to. Oh well.
And fortunately, I was able to witness the "British invasion" firsthand! I was still playing drums even then, so it was especially magical for me. Why, as a child, I was even allowed to stay up later & watch The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show!

"Rental cars smell like sunshine!"

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey there wishiwuzthar, welcome aboard ;) There is no Jersey as far as I know is on the mainland, one of what we call 'the channel islands' meaning that it sits between Britain and Brittany in the English Channel/La Manche, is called Jersey.

:welcome:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome:

Are your a suffer of mental health or a carer ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Introduce Yourself 2
Pelyna Introduce Yourself 3
D Introduce Yourself 2
P Introduce Yourself 9
G Introduce Yourself 15