• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello from Mr Lonely

Bod

Bod

Hi my name is Bod ( not real name) since the age of 15 I have never felt right at all as when getting angry I'd self harm or take overdoses. I'm now 59 and still suffer from depression and hating myself to the point of thinking why bother as better off dead. I do try and look for the light at the end of the tunnel but do struggle sometimes. I hope that I can settle in here and give/get advice on life with depression self loathing panic attacks plus other issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jolly

Jolly

Welcome bod I hope you enjoy the forum. They will be around shortly to support and help

Foxjo

Foxjo

Hi Bod, Welcome to the forum, you should find it friendly and supportive here.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Please keep talking, i truly believe it helps.
Fox

Bod

Bod

Hi Bod, Welcome to the forum, you should find it friendly and supportive here.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

Please keep talking, i truly believe it helps.
Fox

Thank you, many years ago while growing up as a little boy it was drumbed into me to just Pull up my socks and get on with life, hence why I turned to self harming and then getting badly depressed. Last year or so it has got very bad here for me so I managed to talk to my GP and I'm just waiting on getting some antidepressants.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Thats good that you have been to see your GP. thats a great step forward towards recovery.
Once all this COVID-19 chaos has died down maybe you could ask your GP to refer you to some talking therapies i.e. a counsellor?

Bod

Bod

I have tried a counsellor when I lost my mother in law and daughter and two grandchildren during the lockdown but I stopped it as I was not sure if it was helping me as I just kept getting angry and say WHY.

Foxjo

Foxjo

sometimes you have to get angry to let it all out. Sometimes you have to dig deep into your soul to be able to release it. Thats what ive been told by my Pdocs. It takes time and effort its not easy. might be worth re-thinking once lockdown has eased. If not talking here has helped me no end, knowing that im not alone in this mental health fight.

Bod

Bod

sometimes you have to get angry to let it all out. Sometimes you have to dig deep into your soul to be able to release it. Thats what ive been told by my Pdocs. It takes time and effort its not easy. might be worth re-thinking once lockdown has eased. If not talking here has helped me no end, knowing that im not alone in this mental health fight.

I will give it another go, but not yet as the virus sticks the fear of god up me as I had it last year and ended up in hospital and I was gobsmacked I survived as I come under the clinically lot as they say with my asthma and copd. I think it would be quite a while till I sit across from someone but I will try again.

tabris

tabris

Hello and welcome to the forum! I hope you are able to find the support you are looking for :)

Oliver2019

Oliver2019

Welcome Bod, I wish you well on your depression/anxiety journey. I, too, have suffered this almost all my life (72 years) and I've had good years, not so good years, and terrible years. The lockdown of Covid brought out the worst of my depression and it is a roller coaster ride on a daily basis. I am on medications (not working) and I see a therapist in person every week.

I hope you are able to try therapy again, maybe virtual without going in person.

Hang in there, you have a better future, I'm sure. Take care of yourself and be safe. Sending virtual hugs. 🤗