Hello from Michigan

mommywoman

mommywoman

I've been on the UK forums and they are busy busy busy. When I realized there was a forum for the US I was excited till I came here.There are so few threads with so few replies and all are very old. Why is that? There doesn't seem to be any activity here. I would rather take part in US conversations as the UK ones use phrases and terms that are unfamiliar to me. Besides, I think they know I'm American cause I start a new thread and nobody replies. I'm sure they know by my verbage that I'm not British. I sure wish there was something going on here. I'll check back a little later and see what's happening.

mischief

mischief

Admin
I've been on the UK forums and they are busy busy busy. When I realized there was a forum for the US I was excited till I came here.There are so few threads with so few replies and all are very old. Why is that? There doesn't seem to be any activity here.
Most of our American members prefer to take part in the general discussions of the forum rather than just in this section. If you look at the location field on members profiles you'll see where they come from.

I would rather take part in US conversations as the UK ones use phrases and terms that are unfamiliar to me. Besides, I think they know I'm American cause I start a new thread and nobody replies. I'm sure they know by my verbage that I'm not British. I sure wish there was something going on here. I'll check back a little later and see what's happening.
I'm neither British or American, I have however spent time in both countries! I think the more you post here the bigger the area will get and the more people who will start to hang out here. Do though take time to meet some of the other members of the forum. Threads don't always get replies immediately but they normally do before too long!

ABsea

ABsea

Hey there
I had/have troubles understanding the lingo too sometimes but I love it! I love connecting with people from the otherside because i know nobody knows who i am ;p
I think discrimination is the last thing on everyones mind here hahah
After joining this forum, I started talking to some friends in ways I've seen people type here like "proper drunk" has become one of my favorites lol
Just keep posting and talking to people.
Trust me, it helps for the most part =)