Hello from Down Under

cartoonhero

cartoonhero

Hi All and Greetings!

I hope it is okay that I join this forum, seeing that I hail from Australia. We just don't have the kinds of mental health forums Down Under that are found in the UK.

Okay so you know I hail from the land of Oz... what else....

I am 29 years old and suffer from severe longstanding depression, probable borderline personality disorder and atypical schizophrenia. I have only just returned to work recently after a two year hiatus because of my mental illnesses.

I hear voices each and every day of my life. I also constantly think of taking my own life and have attempted suicide on a number of occasions. I self harm as a coping mechanism, mostly by overdosing and burning myself. I also see things others cannot and have different beliefs which may seem odd or strange to some.

I am on a combination of medications including lithium (to control my suicidal urges), Reboxetine (antidepressant) and Seroquel (antipsychotic).

I hope you will all have me here. I am pretty friendly and you will find, easy to get along with.

Ciao for now,

Cartoonhero :)

emski

emski

Of course you can join here - a very warm :welcome:

This is a very friendly forum and I hope you find lots of support here as I have done

:grouphug:

G

GrizzlyBear

Founding Member
Hi from me too. :grouphug:

D

Dollit

Nice to see you here - join in where you feel you want to, it's very friendly here and extremely supportive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Introduce Yourself 1
T Introduce Yourself 7
S Introduce Yourself 6
O Introduce Yourself 5
T Introduce Yourself 4