• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Hello from Cardiff

raccoon

raccoon

Hi there, I missed this forum and have just posted in the 'depression' section. I've suffered clinical depression and anxiety since my 20's. In the last 7 years I've also developed a form of agoraphobia/social phobia, insomnia and occasional trouble with IBS. (I'm 43)

There's been bad news in the UK headlines, which has prompted me to find a forum like this. I'm not really here to ask advice, because I've found many ways to manage my illness and to have some quality of life, just for some contact and support.
I like to paint, and do crafts. If I was well enough I'd make a living from it :)

So yes, hi everyone, I'll sort out my profile properly as soon as I've managed to get some sleep and am a little more coherent.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Racccon and welcome to the forum.:welcome:

Sounds like you'll fit in just great here as we're all about friendly support as well as acting as a bit of a sounding board. Dive in when you feel comfortable to post.

Take care,
Honey, xx

D

Dollit

Hi Racoon, join in where you want to and you'll soon get to know us. Good place this!

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi there, I missed this forum and have just posted in the 'depression' section. I've suffered clinical depression and anxiety since my 20's. In the last 7 years I've also developed a form of agoraphobia/social phobia, insomnia and occasional trouble with IBS. (I'm 43)

There's been bad news in the UK headlines, which has prompted me to find a forum like this. I'm not really here to ask advice, because I've found many ways to manage my illness and to have some quality of life, just for some contact and support.
I like to paint, and do crafts. If I was well enough I'd make a living from it :)

So yes, hi everyone, I'll sort out my profile properly as soon as I've managed to get some sleep and am a little more coherent.
Hello and :welcome: raccoon to MHF :)

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Raccoon and :welcome: to MHF we are here 24/7 :) You will find lots of friendly support and fun here so :welcome:

raccoon

raccoon

Thanks everyone :love:

Due to my weird sleeping patterns, I will be around at some odd times, but I will try to be around :D

I

inzie

Founding Member
Hi there and welcome - I was wondering which particular items of bad news you were concerned about - ? incapacity benefit by any chance?

Cheers

Chris

raccoon

raccoon

Chris: Hi, yes, you guessed it. I thinks everyone is feeling very uneasy and threatened by this at the moment. Still, after one of my good long chats with my Dad, and some of the support I've had on these forums, I've managed to control some of my anxiety over it.

I actually woke up with the shakes this morning. I get them occasionally, where I'm physically shaking due to my nerves. I haven't had it for around two months... until this :(

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Hi raccoon and welcome to the forum.

I certainly share your anxiety about these new IB reforms but have been recently reassured that it will not affect current claimants for some time yet.

I hope you find lot's of support here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introduce Yourself 2
DwarfRabbit Introduce Yourself 7
A Introduce Yourself 6
J Introduce Yourself 12
confusedrock Introduce Yourself 2