• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

hello from a newbie

j_lol

j_lol

Founding Member
Hi,

I have never used a forum before but feel the need for a little support from people who know what I'm going through.

Been suffering since my teens, now at the age of 26 I have finally started CBT after a break down last year. Therapy is working really well but I'm exhausted, it's the hardest thing I have ever done. This evening I just had to give in to the black dog again because I couldn't keep it up anymore. I know tomorrow I will pull it all together again but I just needed a moment of weakness and have no-one to turn too.

Can anyone identify with this?

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi j-lol and :welcome: to MHF :hug:

Well done on starting the Cbt, hope it helps you.:) You will find MHF friendly and supportive, take alook around the forums and join in when you can.

Take care :hug:

D

Dollit

Hi Jlol - I don't think it's a weakness to recognize that sometimes you have to feel what you are fighting, I think that's a strength! Keep coming back and welcome.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: Jlol.

I would guess many of us could identify with what you describe - I certainly can. That bloody dog is a persistent and cunning beast. The crucial thing, in my view, is not to beat yourself up and start feeling guilty when it sneaks up on you - weakness is not a bad thing and no-one can be strong all the time. Give yourself a break and go easy on yourself.

:) as so often I know my advice is easier to give than to follow - I have certainly failed to do so often enough!

Coming here and talking it through is a good thing to do as well.

Nick.

j_lol

j_lol

Founding Member
Thank you so much to everyone who has welcomed me to this forum. I wish I had known about this place years ago. I feel so much more positive today just for knowing I'm not alone.

D

Dollit

Hi again Jlol - the forum only started 6 months ago so it's nice to know it looks so well established!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ColdandAlone Introduce Yourself 10
C Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 7
J Introduce Yourself 4
R Introduce Yourself 2