• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello from a new member

G

Goggit

Hi, I am a grandmother and live alone. My family, who I love are all messed up, I try to help but everything I do is wrong. I have absolutely no one to talk to. Although only in my 50's, I'm tired and I think if I wasn't here they would have to cope. I think they worry about me and they don't need that as well.
Goggit:redface:

D

Dollit

Hi Goggit - lovely to have you here. I'm from the North East (Middlesbrough) but live in Bristol and I'm closer to 50 than I want to be. Hope you like it here - it's a good place to be. :welcome:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi Goggit and welcome. I from yorkshire and in my 50s as well as a grandma. I think you will enjoy it on this forum:flowers:

Take care

M

Michael

Founding Member
Hi Goggit

Great name - how did you think of that?

I too am in my early (sorry mid) fifties, not yet a grandad, well not that they have told me!

It surprises me how many people on these forums have similiar ideas about there own self worth. I still find it hard to talk about my feelings, I find it a lot easier to write things down. My wife tells me that I have built up a kind of invisible barrier around me that makes it hard for my kids to actually talk to me - I am begining to break it down though.

Anyway you are talking to us - so that is one hurdle crossed - how are you doing, what are you doing - why not have a cup of tea (or coffee) in the cafe part of the forum - they are a friendly bunch in there!

Michael:)

lucid scream

lucid scream

Your always welcome here, Goggit!
Its a great forum. From what Ive seen, its a unique forum, as its run by and for the mentally ill. All others Ive come across are run by the psycjiatric community, and they have a totally different 'feel', not nearly as open as we can be here.
Lets face it, if we talked about some of the things we talk about here to our docs, we'd be singing "thier coming to take me away! haha, hehe".

D

Dollit

Yes Lucid, here the lunatics really are taking over the asylum! :LOL:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi, I am a grandmother and live alone. My family, who I love are all messed up, I try to help but everything I do is wrong. I have absolutely no one to talk to. Although only in my 50's, I'm tired and I think if I wasn't here they would have to cope. I think they worry about me and they don't need that as well.
Goggit:redface:

Hello and :welcome: Goggit :)
Please feel free to join in any where , we are a friendly bunch here :)

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
hiya goggit - this is a great place to lean on others without worrying about the consequences

when life throws you a rough deal sometimes it helps just to let those feelings out - if thats the case - this is the place - we're here to listen and help if we can

jackskellington

jackskellington

Founding Member
Hi goggit and welcome
nice to see you here :)

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Welcome to the boards...

:welcome:

singingdollydaydream

singingdollydaydream

Founding Member
Welcome

:welcome::welcome:Hello and welcome. Have to chat sometime about your family, mine is all messed up too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Introduce Yourself 3
L Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 2
Renjay143 Introduce Yourself 3