• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello Fellow Troopers

TylersOutlet24

TylersOutlet24

Hello Everyone - Tyler here. I have been suffering with diagnosed severe depression/anxiety for around 5 years now.

For four of them years I would say, I buried my head in the sand and really refused to admit to myself that I was struggling. I have always put on a brave face and smiled to the world in the face of adversity - but inside I have been struggling and basically crippled by this terrible 'disease' what I would call. This year (2020) terrible year for everyone its been... I finally came out and admitted to my family listen I am struggling majorly here.

My depression anxiety affects me terribly.. here are just a few things it causes.

• Permanent grey cloud of misery over me
  • Suicidal thoughts
  • Cant concentrate - especially at work.
  • Negative attitude
  • Shaky body
  • Dry mouth
  • Cant talk properly
  • Permanent fight or flight mode
  • Paranoia
  • Over eating
  • Jelly legs
  • Sickness

The depression/anxiety never leaves me, and is not situational like a 'on/off' button, close family and even work colleagues have never understood this but I know you guys will. I have been through a lot in my life so far, umpteen difficult moments (everyone has) but for me these have added to this terrible disease!

I have taken some steps this year though - I pay for a therapist each week to talk to, and I take Antidepressants everyday. Tyson Fury has inspired me heavily:rolleyes:

Personally - I am a very caring person and helpfull - I am here not only because I am a sufferer and want to express how I feel to like minded individuals, I want to help people too. Over the years I have learnt a few things to help in difficult moments and from my therapist too. I want to be as open as I can be.

I have joined this site to learn, vent, and help myself and hopefully others. I also gather comfort reading others posts, it reminds me im not alone:)

Thankyou for reading my introduction people.

Im happy to be here.

eastcoastoz

eastcoastoz

Hey Tyler just wanted to say welcome I’ve only joined today myself and like you have a battle on my hands in the form of schizo-affective disorder and addiction related issues (dual diagnosis) of which I have battled every day in one form or another for my entire adult life. Don’t get me wrong though despite all this I’ve had some really good times too and moments of sunshine but unfortunately all too brief. I am fortunate to have some great people in my life ie family and friends and but I find the persistent depression particularly challenging, I mean who doesn’t want to feel good and be able to wake up in the morning in the moment and look forward to the future and enjoy the simplicity of just being alive? Rarely but every now and then I get a brief glimpse of hope or a little spark of the kind of brain chemistry that allows for that. I hope this doesn’t sound too negative as I said it’s an ongoing battle but the human spirit (and brain) are such a powerful forces and hold the potential for great positivity too, that’s what I believe anyway. I guess it’s just a matter trying to do the best we can with what we’ve got and keep trying. But it ain’t an easy path that’s for sure. Well good luck with everything I hope to gain some insight and share some knowledge on this forum too, cheers.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hello Tyler and Welcome to the forum. You will find many people here who can relate to you I'm sure. I hope you find the forum helpful.

TylersOutlet24

TylersOutlet24

Hey Tyler just wanted to say welcome I’ve only joined today myself and like you have a battle on my hands in the form of schizo-affective disorder and addiction related issues (dual diagnosis) of which I have battled every day in one form or another for my entire adult life. Don’t get me wrong though despite all this I’ve had some really good times too and moments of sunshine but unfortunately all too brief. I am fortunate to have some great people in my life ie family and friends and but I find the persistent depression particularly challenging, I mean who doesn’t want to feel good and be able to wake up in the morning in the moment and look forward to the future and enjoy the simplicity of just being alive? Rarely but every now and then I get a brief glimpse of hope or a little spark of the kind of brain chemistry that allows for that. I hope this doesn’t sound too negative as I said it’s an ongoing battle but the human spirit (and brain) are such a powerful forces and hold the potential for great positivity too, that’s what I believe anyway. I guess it’s just a matter trying to do the best we can with what we’ve got and keep trying. But it ain’t an easy path that’s for sure. Well good luck with everything I hope to gain some insight and share some knowledge on this forum too, cheers.
Hi Eastcoastoz - happy to exchange depression experiences too each other and try to help both of us.

N

Nukelavee

Depression is bad enough on its own, chronic anxiety added to it is beyond horrible. I'm impressed you manage to work at all.

you may be over-eating, but at least you are eating. When I'm in a state like yours, I stop eating. The last time it happened, me weight dropped to 92 pounds, which is, even for me, unhealthy.

Constant anxiety and depression basically clog our minds, as you are finding.

I found walks were good for helping to reduce my anxiety a bit and clear my head a little. I also draw and paint to help me feel better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Introduce Yourself 2
T Introduce Yourself 3
S Introduce Yourself 6
M Introduce Yourself 8
Redfellow Introduce Yourself 3