• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello fellow people!

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello. I’m Allen. I’m 41 years old

I’ve joined this forum as I’ve found my mental health issues I thought I’d got over have accelerated this past year. I feel lonely. My marriage is suffering, my Wife’s at snapping point. I’m scared for my Daughters well-being and future. I’m struggling to find and keep a job.

If the truth be known, I’d like to give everything up and just live off the grid. A peaceful existance without day to day pressures, without being bombarded by suppression and the virus.

Even my passion for music and bands has diminished a lot. I can’t even listen to an LP right through without becoming bored.

I often have thought recently of ending it all as I’m struggling to cope. However, deep inside me somewhere burning away is that gritty determination to keep going.

I’ve tried all sorts, but at my wits end. I saw this forum and saw like minded people who suffer with depression and other mental illness.

It seems doctors are more interested in pushing tablets on you these days and meeting targets than care. Maybe that’s my cynicism talking after personal experiences recently.

I feel others pain, and empathise with them. Even though I am miserable, I would like to spread peace and love.

J

JeanPierre

Well, keep that gritty determination going!
Welcome here!
One day this too shall pass.

S

sadgirl

Hi Allen and welcome to the forum please feel free to look around and post whenever you can I am sorry to hear about your situation have you tried talking to your gp he/she will be able to help you with medication or talking therapies

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you for your reply and encouragement. It means a hell of a lot. Good to see there’s other decent, compassionate humans around rather than the untrustworthy ones running our countries eh? I just can’t seem to find a way to escape it all, apart from living off the grid.

I look at these beautiful people in 3rd world countries who have nothing. Yet they’re so happy and grateful. They don’t have much but that makes them happy. I’d love to live like that.

Pink Floyd’s The wall album depicts accuratemy state of mind. I’m in quite a dark place. Trapped and isolated. These ridiculous restrictions are affecting me badly now as well.

J

JeanPierre

You are still young. The age of my son, exactly.
I def hear you about living off grid. I can't afford that but I live very simply now.
No social media or cable.....just simple, alone with 2 cats appreciating nature.
This pandemic stress is really doing a number on people. Please keep your head up.
Go outside. Get sun. Stay hydrated.
Peace man!

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Allen and welcome to the forum please feel free to look around and post whenever you can I am sorry to hear about your situation have you tried talking to your gp he/she will be able to help you with medication or talking therapies
Hello.
Thanks for your response I’ve talked to my GP, but as I said in my introduction, they’re more interested in prescribing tablets than anything. I did CBT therapy a couple of years ago before this plandemic, had a job I loved and was amazing.

Last year, I lost my job unlawfully, and had to deal with a case via ACAS, and near enough to a tribuneral. It undone everything I worked so hard for. I lost my new job just before Christmas due to my depression and struggled ever since.

Last year, it was so bad I nearly committed suicide not once but twice. MyGP said she’d contact the well being clinic I did sessions with, and never heard back. so I give up. I was prescribed more bloody pills.

I am in such a state now, (no job, restrictions and being suppressed, the plandemic, caring for my Dad, scared of losing him, my mums death 5 years ago, my marriage going tits up), I am on the edge of giving up.Because I’ve been treated so bad this last few years in jobs, I don’t particularly want to work anymore.

I even got rat arsed on Saturday night just gone, (which I don’t do anymore. I very rarely drink), gave my Wife a volley of abuse about her family treating me like crap and want a divorce, then had a go at my dad for having the vaccine.

I’m in bits the truth be told. This lockdown bullshit is making me so angry.
Sorry for rambling. Once I open the floodgates, I find it difficult to hold back.

What I’m saying here is just the tip of the iceberg. I suppose I’m a complex ball of energy. I’ve suffered with depression for many years but the last few years my mental health has deteriorated.

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You are still young. The age of my son, exactly.
I def hear you about living off grid. I can't afford that but I live very simply now.
No social media or cable.....just simple, alone with 2 cats appreciating nature.
This pandemic stress is really doing a number on people. Please keep your head up.
Go outside. Get sun. Stay hydrated.
Peace man!
Good evening! (Or morning in your case!) I’m like yourself. I don’t do the social media. Too much hassle. I have my elderly dog as company. He seems to understand me more than anyone. My Wife is very judgemental and she just doesn’t know what to do or say to me anymore. We hardly talk or show affection to me. We live more like house mates than a married couple. Still doesn’t stop me from adoring her and remembering my vows. My Daughter is amazing. 10, and really clever and creative. I teach her to respect and enjoy nature andher surroundings. Also to help those less fortunate than herself. I encourage her to think and be herself. Think outside the box.

I’m pleased that I’ve joined this forum now.

Peace and love.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Alanr welcome to the forum :welcome:

B

brightyellow

Hello Allen. Welcome to the forum!

Sissy2021

Sissy2021

Hello! :welcome: I am new too, I am a girl from Mexico and a few days ago I entered this Forum for help because in Spanish I did not find any forum, I am not very good with English so if I make a mistake I'm sorry, years ago I was diagnosed With major depression, this caused me to start having problems with my family and I was almost without friends, I was visiting many therapists for help but unfortunately here in Mexico there is not much help, and I did not have a good experience with medications, so it What helped me was to exercise, try to eat healthy and what has helped me the most is reading about a man named Edgar Cayce and Robert Monroe, I think of everything that gave me the most hope, they are very good readings, I recommend it widely. I like to cook, read and play with my pets, it is what I do to distract myself.
I hope my comment can help you in something. :rolleyes: I wish you a nice day. :) I hope you're okay.

ht46

ht46

:welcome: Well done for being proactive about your condition, I also read to help.