• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello...ex mental health tech, here.

XMHA

XMHA

I am a 34 yr old ex-mental health worker. Just recently left my last job at a secure adult crisis facility due to burnout after quite a while. Have 6 yrs previous experience in the juvenile field (detention, drug rehab and sex offenders). The rest of my experience is in private security/law enforcement.

My dad is bi-polar and, best friend is dx'd schizo-affective. I've had problems with extreme depression so, I know what it's like down in the deep, dark, black hole.

Any questions...just hit me up.

Last edited:
keepsafe

keepsafe

Welcome to the forum

Hope you get something from it, have you worked in crisis internvention before? Just wondering if you have what you think about the service?

KS

L

Lady Summer Isles

Good to meet you and :welcome:
My husband's an ex cpn. He left because of the way the system is. He's now working as a programmer but hoping to work part-time as a counceller at some point.
Take care
Tannith

Q

quality factor

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, hope you find it helpful.

qf.

XMHA

XMHA

Welcome to the forum

Hope you get something from it, have you worked in crisis internvention before? Just wondering if you have what you think about the service?

KS
Thanks.

Well, it depends on what you mean by crisis intervention. The screwy thing with this field is that for every facility I've worked, there's also a different definition for that.