• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello everyone

F

faith in the future

Just a few words to introduce myself.

My name is Aled Evans and I live in West Wales in a town called Lampeter. A few years ago in my mid forties, I had to retire from my teaching post due to stress, panic attacks and depression.:(

I am still trying my best to come to terms with my illness, which also includes obsessive compulsive disorder. I did receive professional treatment but as many of you will no doubt appreciate, the cost can be prohibitive and given society and the media's lack of understanding and sympathy, in relation to mental health issues, I quickly realised that I would have to rely on self help in it's various forms.

I'm glad that I have found this forum and look forward to sharing our experiences and as a community, being able to help each other. It seems that for us, it is the only way forward as we try and make the best of our lives.

I look forward to getting to know you and I welcome any correspondence with my new friends in this sympathetic environment.:)

Best wishes for the coming weekend and let's hope that March brings improved weather, which should have a positive effect on our mood as we pray for some sunshine, to give us a much needed boost.

Speak to you soon.

faith in the future

sallyG

sallyG

welcome to the fourm..hope you find it uselful being here..we are a friendly bunch of people..take your time and have a look around.:welcome:

emski

emski

What a lovely, positive introduction post! :welcome: to the forum Aled! I really hope you find it a supportive, helpful and interesting place. Good to have you on board

:grouphug:

And oh yes, spring - bring it on! :flowers:

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Magenta Pink Introduce Yourself 16
R Introduce Yourself 5
S Introduce Yourself 4
R Introduce Yourself 3
S Introduce Yourself 6