• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello everyone

L

lozza

Hey all am lauren!

Bit of background;
I am 17, go to college. Been struggling with self harm for a year and a few months and i could have been depressed all that time though only found out i have severe depression in August last year. I'm with CAMHS, currently have a CPN.

Sadly been bullied all my life from when i was 11 til now , on and off through out these years of my life.

Love my animals and am doing am animal course hoping to be a vet nurse or if not go into MH. I look after a horse 3 days a week who is my rock and has really helped me get through this last year.

Thats me , sorry i ramble.
laurenxx

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Lauren and :welcome: to the forum.
I hope you find it as friendly and supportive as I have. :)

S

SmileyGirl

Hi Lauren,
Animals are such a great support when you are feeling low aren't they!

Good luck on the forum, I'm sure you will find lots of help and support.

Have CAHMS said they will help you transfer to adult team when you are 18?

Q

quality factor

:welcome: both to the Forum, hope you find it
a good place to be!

qf.

L

lozza

Thanks everyone. If am honest i have not been seen by CAMHS in a bit well since like last year. Even when i was in hospital because of a large OD i was seen by the crisis team and not by CAMHS i spoke to my cpn and she said that my psych wont see me before he leaves so they have not helped me or even spoke about me moving on to the adult MH team when am 18.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Lozza,

:welcome: to the forum - perhaps the next time you see someone you should mention about adult MH team or maybe it will be automatic, just ask that?

Stay safe
KS

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Lozza and welcome to the forum. It really is a great place full of wonderful people.

Sorry you don't seem to be getting much support from CAMHS, it's sad that you hear of so many people that don't get the support that they need... of course you might find that the adult service is better - fingers crossed. I would hope that you would get some sort of transition support for when you switch across. It's a pain but it may come down to asking for support... is there anyone that can ask on your behalf or with you - it's amazing what a concerned carer can achieve!

Take care and keep posting.

Honey, xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AntonySilva Introduce Yourself 12
Moody Blues Introduce Yourself 10
M Introduce Yourself 7
S Introduce Yourself 4
A Introduce Yourself 3