• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello everyone!

G

Gardenflower

I decided to join these forums because I am going through a lot. And I want a space where I can talk about what I am going through without feeling like a burden to my friends.

It is very likely that in two months I will lose my housing and with it all of my income. I will have to move back with my family a state away.

I realized my current roommate has been taking advantage of me and treating me like a guest in the apartment (to the point where she will hide my stuff but leave hers all around the apartment). After she told me she was moving out, she was diagnosed with Covid and cried to me and I supported her. Then when her quarantine was over she turned around and picked a huge fight with me where she tried to make me a scapegoat for the chores she does not do. Part of me is jealous because she does not have debt and after this can live in a nice, expensive apartment.

I’m burned out. Between September and October I spent $1600 on fixing my car and still need to spend another $1400. I lost one of the classes I was teaching so I lost my extra income that would have paid for it. My credit card has exploded to over $10,000. Every time I thought I could get it under control I had to spend the money on something else or lost the income.

I’m numb. I’m so numb and part of me cares way too much and part of me doesn’t care at all.

I’m going to miss the group I work with. I’m severely underpaid at my main job and need a new one. But the only jobs that will take me are teaching jobs, which trigger my anxiety severely. I cannot function being micromanaged.

It’s so hard ya’ll. Thanks for this community.
Gardenflower

losingme1989

losingme1989

Hello Gardenflower and :welcome: to the forum.

UnderR

UnderR

Hey Gardenflower, welcome to the forum.
I hope you'll be able to find some solace here.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Gardenflower, welcome to the forum.

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Hi Gardenflower and welcome to the Forum.

Sorry you're going through this at the moment, that's not an easy situation to be in.
I understand how it feels as I have been in a similar situation some years ago when i
was in debt and could not work; the stress felt overwhelming.

However things can change for the better. i still do not work but with some lifestyle
changes and support from a friend i managed to clear nearly half the debt and the rest was written off.

I hope you stay around and feel better with some support on here.

B

Bod

Former member
Welcome to the forum Gardenflower, I hope you can benefit from being here as everyone is helpful.

C

chargrillwon

hi there garden flower and welcome