• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello Everyone

interviewwitharose

interviewwitharose

Hi all,

I've joined this forum hoping to find some comfort during my bout of Coronavirus. I was diagnosed with depression 13 years ago and have been on and off anti-depressants ever since. My health has been failing recently, and I've now been told I have hypertension and am at risk of dying on any given night.

A couple of days ago I came over dizzy and collapsed during a fire drill and have grazed the left side of my face and body. I have a black eye and several cuts to my face. I'm lucky enough to have a supportive boyfriend who came home right away to look after me. I'm now isolating and have likely passed the virus onto him.

My workplace are more disappointed that I won't be coming in and have offered no words of sympathy or well-wishes. My manager has also sent me a pile of work to be getting on with during my time off. This reaction has exacerbated my feelings of loneliness and worthlessness.

I've been in touch with one colleague who's also tested positive, who wishes me well. But, at the same time, this colleague is telling me how bombarded she is with messages from our colleagues and managers who are wishing her the best and sending her care packages.

Having always been the odd one out, this time is really making me reflect on how pushed aside I feel by others and what might be wrong with me to not receive even a kind word from work. I'm grateful for what I do have -- a loving partner and a family that care about my wellbeing.

Still, I feel like an outsider in general and like society at large doesn't really care about me. Word has spread about my fainting the other day and it seems to be a subject of gossip and ridicule if nothing else.

I hope I can find people to talk to here. I've tried forums in the past and still can't shake the feeling that I don't fit in amongst anyone. So I hope to become familiar with some of you and maybe even make a friend. :)

SoftRain

SoftRain

Welcome to the forum!!
Take a look around a bunch of nice people here who are very understanding.

2Much2Feel

Hi @interviewwitharose, welcome to the forum. Really sorry you're sick with it right now, will be putting positive thoughts your way to get over it soon. I can't imagine how scary it would be to have to worry every night about it getting more serious. Can't help with sleep too much.

As far as your work goes, that is ridiculous. I know what you mean about feeling you are the odd one out, and I think a lot of people on here will totally relate. So you won't be the odd one out here, that's for sure. I hope you have help during this time and that this forum can be helpful to you, particularly at this time. Good luck with the work, but put yourself first. xx

Maitri

Maitri

I don't really deal with rejection well. I try to brush it off but I know things are still there.

You will fit in. Look around, join in.

All the best

:welcome:

B

bebernipes

I had to be in isolation when I got infected last year and I know how lonely and somewhat guilty it feels, but I'm sure you'll get better soon.
I am sad to hear that people at work treat you differently, but know that the problem is not you, but them.
It is common at work or in college for people to close themselves into little groups and not give a damn about others. Anyway, you will always have people to talk to here.
Welcome!

T

Tombomb

I hate cliques especially when I was younger! I’ve been told from a professor that I’m a global thinker ? N if I get ahead in life I’ll be taking others with me ?? I hate people that putt others down so they can get ahead!!

T

Tombomb

It’s harder for us too succeed n if I become successful as a person I promise I won’t putt no one down so I can get ahead!

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello interviewwitharose, welcome to the forum.

Northern Girl

Northern Girl

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I can relate to feeling the odd one out but here you most certainly are not.

i hope you stay around and feel better soon.