• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello everyone

M

Moges

My name is Moges in this forum. English isn't my first language so I apologize in advance.

I join this forum because I want to be more familiar with depression and anxiety because I want to help people like friends and family. I am so ashamed about it but for so long I have been judging without having any idea. I have all time thought that it is easy to control how you are feeling. I couldn't understand people taking their life and leaving their children, family.. I was so judgy. But one day a friends of mine gave me a reality check and I realize how stupid I was, I was so embarrassed and I still am today. I have no idea how much you guys are going through and how hard it can be and I will maybe never Know beside experience it myself.

I joined this forum like I said to be more knowledgeable and to be able to help. I know I won't be able to say the right thing but I am a good listener and I can just listen and help as much as I can.

Also I am currently a student and I feel like one of my friend is experiencing depression but I do not want to breach his privacy. I am very close with him and we talk a lot about everything. And from what he says to me and how he seems I feel like he is not doing well. But as I said before it is just supposition because I have no idea.I will like to help him but I don't know how am I suppose to do it. I hope someone can help me communicate in the best way possible with my roommate, without disturbing him.

2Much2Feel

Hey, @Moges, welcome to the forum. First off, you sound like a really good friend to do this. A lot of people would not take the time.

As far as your friend that you are concerned about, I would suggest if he is sending signals that you are picking up on that you try to be as open and honest as possible. Could you just ask him how he is, if he is OK? Oftentimes we just don't feel we can open up, aren't sure who we can open up to, or don't know how to bring it up. I know it's not easy as a friend either, but the more the topic is avoided, the greater the potential for yet another person not getting help they need because they didn't feel they could open up about it.

Again, you sound like a really good friend. Wish you luck with him, and hope you get better understanding on the forum. xx

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Moges, welcome to the forum.

B

Bod

Former member
Hi Moges, welcome to the forum I hope that you will settle here as everyone is caring and so helpful.

M

Moges

Hey, @Moges, welcome to the forum. First off, you sound like a really good friend to do this. A lot of people would not take the time.

As far as your friend that you are concerned about, I would suggest if he is sending signals that you are picking up on that you try to be as open and honest as possible. Could you just ask him how he is, if he is OK? Oftentimes we just don't feel we can open up, aren't sure who we can open up to, or don't know how to bring it up. I know it's not easy as a friend either, but the more the topic is avoided, the greater the potential for yet another person not getting help they need because they didn't feel they could open up about it.

Again, you sound like a really good friend. Wish you luck with him, and hope you get better understanding on the forum. xx
Thank you @2Much2Feel