• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Hello everyone!

R

robbie

Founding Member
Hello everyone. I have suffered from PTSD still have nightmares and panic attacks sometimes. I care for my teenage son and husband but feel very much controlled by my son and this feeling makes me panic.I dont seem to have any life, cant go anywhere. My Husband does his own thing most of the time, my son is not his child and they dont speak.I feel completely isolated.Can peace come when the symptoms of PTSD start to fade a bit?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi and welcome robbie, and the simple answer is 'yes' things will start to improve as the symptoms fade.

Teenagers can be difficult at the best of times. I know mine caused me hell, but they do get better Honest. Does your son understand your problem. You might be suprised at how he reacts if you open up to him

What is the reason you cant go anywhere, is it down to panic. If so your GP can recommend something for you, and it doesnt have to be medication.:hug:

take care xxx

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey there Robbie, missed this post, so :welcome: Here is a great place to come and sound off or vent things to people in a safe environment. Hopefully you might find solace with people you can talk with...

R

robbie

Founding Member
Thankyou!

Hello again. What a fine lot you all are! The reason i cant go anywhere when my son is home is because i dont have confidence to leave him for long on his own. He is 16 but always wants to do his own thing, mainly staying in watching sport,and i feel i might be neglecting him,he suffered terribly when living with other parent and im trying to care for him but i panic if i cant go out, its the isolation here in the city that is beginning to frighten me although this is a nice place to live. Thanks for being there for me, i hope i can help you too.

D

Dollit

Robbie why don't you just ask him if he minds being on his own for a while when you have to go out? Knowing teenage boys he'd probably not notice you'd gone til he got hungry! :hug:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Hello Robbie

:welcome: to the forum, glad you are here.

Perhaps a good place to start with your son is to plan to go out and leave him maybe just for 15 minutes at a time? Then half hour etc..?

I would have thought at 16 he wouldn't mind being on his own at home. Parenthood is such a balancing act isn't it! I understand you not wanting him to feel neglected but conversely it sounds like he wants to have a bit of freedom too.

What about planning some scheduled quality time together out of the house? If it's you that does the planning, rewarding him with a bit of freedom in return for quality time together, then you may feel like you are getting back some control.

Love & Light :flowers::hug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: Robbie :)

Hope you find lots of support here .

R

robbie

Founding Member
Thankyou

Thankyou. I feel amongst friends.Thankyou for just being there and so kind.I was a victim and now im trying not to be,i will keep trying.xx

R

robbie

Founding Member
One more thing

The perpetrator was my sons dad and now he is starting to want to see the boy again and the boy wants to see dad.He comes to fetch him from outside our house. I do speak to him on the phone and i go to meet him when he comes. I dontwant to give him anymore power over me. I am trying really hard. When the nightmares come my wonderful husband supports me.I lost all my children except this boy who came back to me and i will live now despite everything.I will help someone else. This messageboard is full of kind people i am sure.England v France in the Rugby, i am not afraid to watch now, i do not run away in terror, i do wait for the match to end and tremble with fear, i can relax.How is that for progress!

R

robbie

Founding Member
I can help

I can help others.If you all think i could help someone to overcome some of the worst experiences known to womenkind and maybe to men, please let me know, i am here to help. Never give up.xx

D

Dollit

If you want to help then all you have to do is get to know people and contribute to the conversations and discussions. :tea:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 6
Nikky910 Introduce Yourself 6
K Introduce Yourself 3
A Introduce Yourself 6
C Introduce Yourself 5