• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello everyone!

• Thread starter Letters out of Love
  • Start date
L

Letters out of Love

I am an artist in the healing process after a long relationship with a narcissist. This process has been very challenging and is something I will have to continuously work on for the coming years but my experience has also given me a strong drive that I want to do something within my work with the new knowledge I have gathered.

I have experienced that it is difficult to explain an abusive relationship to outsider. Most people think it will never happen to them and as mental abusive is going under your skin it is difficult to show the evidence of what we have endured.

At the moment I collect letters that are supposedly written out of love, but actually by someone who does not understand what love is. This can be in any relationship: family, love or work. Letters of all kinds are welcome, from the beginning of the relationship to the end or with love bombing, hoovering or narcissistic rage. In any language and from any cultural background.

Because if I look back at the messages (emails/written letters/whatsapp-conversations) my ex-partner has send me, I now recognize the red flags and feel the discomfort.

I believe evidence is needed to raise awareness for people who have never experienced narcissism up close. The letters are collected anonymously. If you want to give input, or when you have questions or feedback, I'd love to hear from you.

For now thank you and I wish you a lot of sunshine for now and the future.

Kind regards

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello and welcome to the forum.

OCDguy

OCDguy

I am an artist in the healing process after a long relationship with a narcissist. This process has been very challenging and is something I will have to continuously work on for the coming years but my experience has also given me a strong drive that I want to do something within my work with the new knowledge I have gathered.

I have experienced that it is difficult to explain an abusive relationship to outsider. Most people think it will never happen to them and as mental abusive is going under your skin it is difficult to show the evidence of what we have endured.

At the moment I collect letters that are supposedly written out of love, but actually by someone who does not understand what love is. This can be in any relationship: family, love or work. Letters of all kinds are welcome, from the beginning of the relationship to the end or with love bombing, hoovering or narcissistic rage. In any language and from any cultural background.

Because if I look back at the messages (emails/written letters/whatsapp-conversations) my ex-partner has send me, I now recognize the red flags and feel the discomfort.

I believe evidence is needed to raise awareness for people who have never experienced narcissism up close. The letters are collected anonymously. If you want to give input, or when you have questions or feedback, I'd love to hear from you.

For now thank you and I wish you a lot of sunshine for now and the future.

Kind regards
I believe every word you say. I have encountered a narcist (not in a relationship), but I got a good grasp of what that person was like, and what made this person tick... It's amazing how easily people are taken in by the outward nature they like to show people, masking their agendas and who they really are as people. I truly believe they even believe their own lies and get real nasty when challenged... To be in a relationship with one must have been hell, especially if there was no easy way out... Hope you are in a better place now and your sanity and peace of mind returning. :hug:

I

insearchof

I think you are right about that "I believe evidence is needed to raise awareness for people who have never experienced narcissism up close."

Welcome and wish you the best for your project. :)

Bod

Bod

Welcome to the forum, I hope you can settle in and get help and advice off the members here.