• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello everyone

M

MD2001

I have survived a suicide attempt in early June this year. I thought that would allow me to turn a corner and see a bright side to life but within I fully know that one bad turn and I could easily be back in that scenario again. Before the suicide attempt I was struggling for three years and to be truly honest I did try other attempts on my life but they were nothing affective. 2020 was a real struggle at the start and it wasn't just about COVID-19. In early January my girlfriend at the time told me she was pregnant, that really threw me and let's just say she wasn't mother material. Two days after that I then found out my mother had cancer. That was the one what really shook me. My mother has had two surgery's and she hasn't got cancer anymore thank god. My girlfriend at the time tried to emotionally blackmail me when it came to starting a family, I was straight with her when I said I wasn't financially or mentally ready. A couple of months later she then had an abortion, I know I didn't want a child but it still really affected me. After that she then blamed me for the abortion and none of her family were speaking to me because of the fact that she got pregnant, her family weren't a nice bunch of people. We finally broke up in March due to her cheating on me, that didn't affect me to be honest because since the pregnancy all of my feelings to her went away. But for some reason that wasn't good enough for her, she then accused me of hitting her and she got a court order against me for three months, that did have a real big affect on me. I just couldn't believe that someone could make lies like that up about me, the order was only for three months and me and my family have suspicions that it was a fake court order. The main affect of that whole situation is that I have lost my confidence again and also I have lost all self belief. I am now locking myself up in my room away from everyone and I haven't spoken to anyone for a month because I just cant face anyone due to a split personality and also bad anxiety. I am doing an online TEFL and it is nearly done but unfortunately there is no work abroad due to covid so I just feel trapped. Once my course is sorted then I am planning to move to the North East and just have a fresh start. Thankyou for reading, I just needed to finally get this off my chest.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

sorry all this has happened to you x im so glad your suicide attempt failed and you are still with us
please keep using the forum i hope you find this place useful
Lu x

one light

one light

Welcome here, well done for getting to hear now - all that darkness you've had to face at such a young age will be a 'strength' one day for getting through it - like marker points in your past they are - in decades to come you will glance back, and say look where I am now and where I was then - so start to work on the future, use the spare time for research 'get wiser' - and by the way anyone thinking of pulling the plug ending it so to speak - don't!! I know about the spiritual side of life - its not the way taking your own life, we see this one through, look for some light here, get help - pick the phone up now, get someone on your side...

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am very sorry to hear of your mums diagnosis. Your ex girlfriend sounds utterly toxic. I can fully understand how her behaviour has had a huge impact on you.

jajingna

jajingna

:welcome: to the forum MD, you'll find us to be a decent bunch of folks.